No Daytona 200 in 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No Daytona 200 in 2015

Well, maybe. It seems more like the possibility of a Daytona 200 has not been ruled out, but it won't be the operators of the series that is taking over from AMA/DMG that is running it.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...00-dis-still-looking-for-daytona-200-partner/

Sounds more like the Speedway wanted too much money, and the new roadracing series operators said "no thanks".

(But if MotoAmerica doesn't run it, who will?)

The fact the new series is hoping for nine races this season is promising.

Only a minuscule amount of ppl actually attended the race, and lack of national TV coverage who would want to pay big dollars to run a race there.

More ppl would rather stare at leather at Daytona bike week than watch bikes at the speedway.

Whatever they were doing before wasn't working so I am glad they are willing to sacrifice "tradition" for business sense, as long as it translates into more racing, sponsorships and opportunity for north american an canadian fast young guys

Last edited:
They claim to be a new North American Series so why isn't there any races in Canada?

Well, AMA or Moto America, would have to work with the CMA. CSBK is not the recognized organizing body in Canada by the FIM.
So that being said,what was the last CMA sanctioned event in Canada? So the border would cause an issue as the CMA does not do any road racing that
I know of and has never been actually involved since the 80's. I'm sure CSBK would en devour to work with Moto America in any way. But the CMA would
have to be involved,,,,,,chances are we'll get pigs to fly sooner! Mosport would also need some modifications for an AMA race and that is essentially the only track I would expect they might entertain. But hey,,,,I'd love to eat my words!

Perhaps Ulrich and the Geico Superbike Shootout group might be able to snag the Daytona 200, but I doubt that it will happen.

Daytona is so expensive compared to all other events. Unless you have raced it you can't imagine what these people spend for this event. The average privateer could probably do 3 events to one Daytona. DMG is probably not interested in helping now and probably held a gun to Moto America's head assuming someone had deep pockets. I'd rather see more riders able to do more races then most riders trying to do one race that has the whole season hinged on it.

They claim to be a new North American Series so why isn't there any races in Canada?

Another potential reason is that the manufacturers pump a considerable amount of money into a racing series to promote their products. With a few exceptions like Ducati North America, the American and Canadian distributors of the major brands are separate entities and are not interested in promoting races outside their market.

Just go to race and you have your answer. Even at Mosport, closest to Canada's largest city, spectators are pathetic numbers. Exclude the relatives and friends of racers, you have few left.
Go to Spain, and the parking area at races is full of >150,000 bikes.

It's good racing, but no one seems to care. It's a Harley and Gixxer Squid world in Canaduh.

Daytona has been redundant for years as a race, it has turned into just another cruiser festival. I'm sure that part will continue. Daytona is just another symptom of the decline in all forms of racing in the US. I doubt the Indy 500 will last to the end of the decade as TV audiences are dropping like a rock. These races used to showcase American technology and innovations, but all that is gone, and likely not coming back.

The Japanese don't take racing seriously outside of MotoGP or WSBK -but that's really about European sales. Hardly makes sense to support US/CAN racing when sports bike sales are petering out.

KTM seems to get it, with the RC390 and the ADAC series in Europe, but Honda and others have lost the plot in not supporting local racing. Large series are still stuck in 20 years ago in the circle of TV coverage driving sponsors, driving TV, etc. It should all be free access streaming on the web. There is no future in TV.

..umm cause Canada is not in North America....Only U.S. is. DUH!

Just go to race and you have your answer. Even at Mosport, closest to Canada's largest city, spectators are pathetic numbers. Exclude the relatives and friends of racers, you have few left.
Go to Spain, and the parking area at races is full of >150,000 bikes.

+1...this is true though..even rogers , our local ,friendly cable provider did not cover CSBK finals at mosport...tickets were being offered right up untill the checkered flag...As a moto enthusiast and a motoGP fan, I still do not know who the heck won...

Europe is different...they acutally have fans who care.. I know this from karting events..even 125 cc karts racing, and there's a crowd...

Shame, we do not do that...I intend to correct this myself by trying to attend some races next year and just sit and watch races

The motorcross races have lots of fans at them. Road racing in Canada needs to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. For me the biggest issue is the apparent lack of giving a crap about spectators.

sent from a device using a program

The motorcross races have lots of fans at them. Road racing in Canada needs to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. For me the biggest issue is the apparent lack of giving a crap about spectators.

... or competitors, but I digress.

they should have all races live on youtube.. build up a fan base. It's good racing. Better than that NASCAR crap.

Maybe the general riding public doesn't care about roadracing in the same way roadracers don't care about trials or skeet shooting. Maybe bring Gene Simmons on board, he'll excite the masses. lol.

Back
Top Bottom