Chilly and sunny Thanksgiving Weekend - who is going where? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chilly and sunny Thanksgiving Weekend - who is going where?

Weekend is not over and it's warmer today and crazy warm the next two days - highs 20 and 25 forecast BUT....getting tired of this constant weather pattern..

be nice to have some local rides in nice weather and with my fancy new jacket no worries. Will see how it does in mid 20 weather - hoping it; not too warm.

Yesterday was nice all day. Rode until dark and then it cooled off.

esany8am.jpg

Perhaps you don't ride at the relevant time of day - Friday/early Sat was in the minus numbers in places.

Originally Posted by Roomie View Post
Was last night too. Rode home at 130 am and it was -1. It's not that bad if you have good gear. When I see snow I'll park mine.

I got a few hours in around Creemore yesterday and found this trail that was a tad too rocky:

HllkCmA.jpg

Today I'm just waiting for the temps to increase a bit then going to investigate some gravel roads North of Guelph and Kitchener heading towards Stratford to visit the folks on the Wee-Strom .
Drool! Wish I had stuff like that nearer home.

Spent 5 days (Thursday to Monday) in West Virginia. Spent a soggy Friday night around a campfire but a local let us stay in their garage Saturday night to avoid near freezing temperatures. His "garage" was bigger than most houses. Road are like Tail of the Dragon but much longer and without traffic.

Second time to the area and won't be the last.

I went to visit my sister and brother-in-law in Johnstown, PA - I had from pretty good to awesome weather. Saturday not one drop of rain, but it was chilly and cloudy enough to keep in my rain gear all day. Saturday in Johnstown was awesome - sunny, warm and beautiful fall colours, though not quite peaking that far south. And my sister made me a "Canadian" Thanksgiving dinner. Monday I completely lucked out with the weather except for about 20 minutes of drizzle on the Q.E.W. around St. Catharines and even that was light enough I didn't really get wet and left the rain gear packed away. I left my sister's at about 9:00 a.m. and an hour down the road I was stripping off my rain gear and long johns and heated gloves. With the glorious weather, I did a few side trips, rather than run 219 all the up.

And I still manged to make it home in time to have a second Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's. SCORE!!!!

Did a 350km loop up to Mazinaw Lake and around the 509 (Ompah) today. Camera stayed mostly in my bag as the colours of the trees outside my house were better.

Lucky bugger....house bound all day working :(
Gorgeous morning - a bit damp - it's 20 out now !!!!
Tempting

tho the gap in the rain looks not too wide :(

Did a Hockley Valley FOTC loop today from Burlington. It was great until we turned onto hockley road and the drizzle was constant even through the forks. Got back down to Burlington and it was bone dry... Oh well, least it wasn't cold.

Spent 5 days (Thursday to Monday) in West Virginia. Spent a soggy Friday night around a campfire but a local let us stay in their garage Saturday night to avoid near freezing temperatures. His "garage" was bigger than most houses. Road are like Tail of the Dragon but much longer and without traffic.

Second time to the area and won't be the last.

Got any maps of this? Interested!!!

I went out eventually on Sunday, had a good ride.

As a side note I keep being impressed how easy I get to do longer and longer distances on my new bike and it feels effortless. In the past I would have planned for something like this and would have taken a full day. Now I left around 11, back home by 5, and I managed to hit 118, 35, 141, 632, 7, 26, 38.

Back
Top Bottom