Any Smartphone experts here? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Smartphone experts here?

Antivirus, popup blocker, memory cleaner, process killers...
I don't use any of that on my nexus 4, and it works fine, just like the day I got it.

I've also never had a problem with the gps with or without cell coverage. Neither has my wife with her s4 mini.

I have heard of many people with iPhone 4s having their WiFi break and it costing $200 to fix.

I have heard of many people with iPhone 4s having their WiFi break and it costing $200 to fix.

Didn't know this was that common. Just recently, a relative handed me her i4S and I tried everything possible to get the wifi working but couldn't make it happen. Till she went to the Apple store and they said the wifi chip had to be changed. Screw dat.

Yes, they are hardware issues, not android issues, but Apple (in the past, with a few exceptions) has done a great job making hardware that works. With the 50+ android models that are released each year all racing to market as fast as possible, I expect they care less about being perfect and just aim for good enough (or even not terrible if that's what it takes to catch the xmas rush). These aren't just indoor problems, with the phone in my car (without being on the dash), GPS works ~30% of the time in the country and doesn't work downtown, the iphone would work 100% of the time without being on the dash.

I did not change carriers (bell), so whatever differences there are are hardware related. I still don't understand how a phone 4 years newer gets worse reception (especially when it is theoretically the flagship phone for a major brand).

What did Bell tell you?

btw- google apple and att

I know ppl with the S4 and on Bell, no issues.

Antivirus, popup blocker, memory cleaner, process killers...

What are 4 things I've never used on my Nexus 7 or LG Optimus G.

Got anymore? I love this game.

You are holding it wrong ;-)

Iphone is great, no doubt, but for $1500 I would want my phone to clean my house and wash my car and bike. The 6 Plus's are bending in people's front pockets (aptly named "bend-gate" and catching men's sideburns / beards in the phone "hair-gate."

http://tinyurl.com/jwh5vxz

I'm not a fan of Android. I hope (and suspect) that many of these high-end phone manufacturers are going to move away from Google altogether for Windows. Google is pure trash.

Iphone is great, no doubt, but for $1500 I would want my phone to clean my house and wash my car and bike. The 6 Plus's are bending in people's front pockets (aptly named "bend-gate" and catching men's sideburns / beards in the phone "hair-gate."

I'm not a fan of Android. I hope (and suspect) that many of these high-end phone manufacturers are going to move away from Google altogether for Windows. Google is pure trash.

You gonna pick up one of the new Lumia flagship phones? I think it's the 1520. Brilliant camera's and their gps software is top notch (with full offline maps support)

I am curious, tell what is wrong with Android?
What version and what phone?

If you are a savy user and can follow a you tube video you can flash your phone with a custom Android ROm that gets rid of the crap ware, gives you more control, makes the battery lasts longer and other amongst other cool features.

I switched from iPhone 4 to note 3 because I wanted a larger screen and apple didn't have one at the time. I appreciate a couple things about android, but in general, I find it inferior to the iphone. Positives are the back button, browser lets you open 20+ tabs (my iphone was limited to 8) and easy data/battery tracking per app. My main problem is the GPS sucks and if it doesn't have a clear view of the sky, it constantly loses its position. Also, it randomly loses its cell connection and must be rebooted (also happens on both of my wifes S4s).

I want my devices to work, I don't want to constantly have to fiddle with them to keep them happy. I expect I will return to iPhone in a few years when this phone gets replaced, but I'll see whats out there at the time. Apple hasn't been doing anything exciting lately and they seem to be creating more problems with their ios updates.

to fix your gps so it locks faster
look in the playstore for free app called GPS status fix

there are 2 apps 1 is orange icon and one is a blue icon
the blue icon is free and works great the orange icon has a free version too

my gps works indoors...for real

Ya... why androids have a bigger screen? To fit more ads. BOOOM.

Round two:

What is AdFree? I get no ads.

This is fun... Keep them coming.

Didn't know this was that common. Just recently, a relative handed me her i4S and I tried everything possible to get the wifi working but couldn't make it happen. Till she went to the Apple store and they said the wifi chip had to be changed. Screw dat.
Happened to my coworker but he talked to the right person at the Apple Store and they replaced the phone for free.

Windows? lol Very doubtful.

Cancelled iPhone 6 + ($1380 with case and. apple care). Bought an HTC. One M8 ($500). Gonna give Android my best shot. Wish me luck!

Cancelled iPhone 6 + ($1380 with case and. apple care). Bought an HTC. One M8 ($500). Gonna give Android my best shot. Wish me luck!
If you're tech savvy, you'll enjoy it. More freedom & more things to tweak.

If you're not tech savvy & like someone to control your life so you don't mess up, apple's for you

Give it some time..to get it all setup the way you want and you will love it. HTC one is a good phone

The DOT case is a super cool accessory for this phone

http://www.androidcentral.com/dot-view-case

I wouldn't have bought the M8, but Android is just dandy. I recently switched back to iPhone6 after a few Android phones.

Im enjoying it, but there's no question there are a few annoyances and limitations in the OS. Otherwise a top quality device. If I get annoyed I'll JB it.

Give it some time..to get it all setup the way you want and you will love it. HTC one is a good phone

The DOT case is a super cool accessory for this phone

http://www.androidcentral.com/dot-view-case

Thanks for the tip. Very cool accessory!

I'm noticing that it's taking me a long time to do things that take seconds on the iPhone. I guess this is the learning curve as I've been an iPhone user since 3G. The major annoyance so far is the Android keyboard, so I downloaded Swift Key. Hope that does away with that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom