MotoGP 2015: Aprilia or Suzuki? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2015: Aprilia or Suzuki?

But ECU will be standard and common.

Yes they will start developing standard ECU in 2015 but won't have the final product until end of 2015. I believe next year any factory teams can participate in the development of standard ECU or choose not to and go with their own way. If I'm not mistaken the standard ECU will be taken from the CRT and then develop further.

But in 250GP, Aprilia dominated for years. The v-twin 250 engine package was leaps and bounds above Honda's NSR setup.

2 stroke era is a different ball game .... the money the teams spent on one engine for one race day back in that day was crazy and cool. 4 stroke singles are not what they are good at, at least there's no indication of it.

You guys forget one point: this is not F1, riders matter.
Suzuki has Espargaro and Vignales (the Maverick).

Aprilia hired Bautista, who will crash a lot of bikes.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Bautista is the only prototype rider on the grid running Showa suspension. (And nissin brakes for that matter) I can't help but feel that is a big part of his problem. That and the lack of confidence that goes with crashing often. If the package is good and comfortable right out of the box Bautista will do fine. And really, like Espargaro doesn't have a history of crashing inexplicably... he's done well this season for sure.. and maybe he's matured to the point of all that being behind him.. on the other hand, maybe he comes out next season with something to prove and bins it every week.

Anybody remember Colin Edwards catching on fire on his Aprillia in Germany?

445a07a1367f2d8cd636f034242c87ad.jpg

Colin didn't enjoy his stay with Aprilia... this video is from his Facebook page
[video=youtube_share;N340IXBBlI8]http://youtu.be/N340IXBBlI8[/video]

You guys forget one point: this is not F1, riders matter.
Suzuki has Espargaro and Vignales (the Maverick).

Aprilia hired Bautista, who will crash a lot of bikes.

Actually Bautista did well last year, not sure why he is down the order this year. I know that Lorenzo didn't like the new Bridgestone this year, that's why he couldn't challenge Rossi and Marquez in the first half of the season. I agree with Neil, Showa could be one of the issues.

I think in the end any team wants to really challenge Honda and Yamaha must hire Marquez or Stoner (I hope he will be back). The combination of Marc and Honda will make MotoGP boring in the next couple of years. Having more factory teams is good but currently there isn't any gifted rider other than Lorenzo to fight with Marc.

Don't underestimate the bike on the honda/Marquez mix, Yamaha has closed the gap, although too late for 2014.

I'm surprised bmw isn't there yet. Anyways, save for that fireball pic, I really want an rsv4 now lol

BMW is already a famous brand and has so many loyal fans that will buy their products. They won several races with Melandri on board in WSBK last year but failed to shine in general. I think their intention was just to get acknowledgement about their new product (at that time) the S 1000 RR, nothing more.

Test ride the BMW and Aprilia and let me know which one wet your pants :D

Really kind of curious how the Aprilia RS3 (Cube) would do nowadays with all of the advanced traction control, anti-wheelie etc. rider aids that weren't readily available back then.
It was pushing 240 rwhp at the time, so not too much different than modern MotoGP bikes...

Really kind of curious how the Aprilia RS3 (Cube) would do nowadays with all of the advanced traction control, anti-wheelie etc. rider aids that weren't readily available back then.
It was pushing 240 rwhp at the time, so not too much different than modern MotoGP bikes...

Tough to say. Engine specs at the time were different from what they are now.

Back
Top Bottom