Podcasts and audio books? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Podcasts and audio books?

knowledge

Site Supporter
Hey guys,

Anyone have any podcast or audio book recommendations? My work contract has me doing mindless work so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to learn while I'm working.

I'd highly recommend Dan Carlin 's hard-core history Podcasts. I find that Joe Rogan ' s amazing when it's a good episode but almost a waste of time when it's not.

As for audio books, I just finished Michael pollan 's omnivore' s dilemma and desire of botany. The former tells you a lot of messed up things about the food industry/western diet/etc. While the latter book analyzes the history and influence of 4 different plants: the apple, potato, marijuana, and tulips. He's a terrific investigative journalist and I'm hooked.

I got a whole bunch of other Podcasts, but I'm finding a lot of them to be like b-grade radio programs/talk shows (which I guess would make sense since just about anyone can make them).

Also, I hope you're all well!

Anyway, I'd really appreciate whatever recommendations you may have. I've essentially been getting paid to have my mind blown for the past couple of weeks but I'm afraid I'm running out of content.

Art of Manliness

id started Adventure Rider Radio as well (but havent had an update since end of september...was really enjoying it but you can always listen to the historical ones)

Stuff you Should Know

Freakonomics Radio

Monday podcast from Bill Burr (can be entertaining)

Knowledge, whats up my man! I listen to JRE as well and I sort of agree with you. I use to listen to all of them, now I only listen to the episodes that look interesting. However, sometimes I do find that the episodes with guests I don't initially care for end up being the most interesting ones. I also listen to Joey Diaz' The Church of whats happening now and one that is pure comedy is Brendan Schaub (UFC fighter) and Bryan Callen's podcast "The Fighter and the Kid".... I have a hard time listening to it at work because I often find myself trying to not burst out in laughter. Chit is funny. They are all in the Rogan circle but I haven't found many others that are consistently good and basically encourage positivity at the end of the day.

I like to listen to Greg Proops - The Smartest Man In The World. I listen on occasion to Penn's Sunday School. Norm MacDonald Live is also on my list but it's not on a regular schedule.

I used to listen to Nick and Artie when it was on, then just The Artie Lange Show but it's gone too. Apparently there is a new one coming in December.

I also listen to the old Dragnet's from the 50's at times. I like the old time radio shows, used to listen to them on Sirius.

Back
Top Bottom