Chain wax! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain wax!

Its kinda hard to tell but they don't seem to be too worn, either way that chain looks done and they should all be replaced anyways. On that type of a bike you don't need a fancy expensive chain either, a basic O-ring chain from a reputable brand is sufficient

As for lube, I like Motul. It goes on wet and dries super sticky...

Bought an RK Oring, 104x520, gonna fit it this weekend.
^ Hard to see from that angle but it looks ok to me, how's the chain, any tight spots?
its so loose it hits the exhaust, its at the end of the adjustment

Lots of shoulder wear. Replace.
already have the chain, I will have to replace the chain, then the sprockets after, I had neglected them because they looked ok to me, I'll look at the sprockets again.

THANKS ALL!

Current chain has 53,000 km, has never been and does not currently need adjustment. Reason? Exclusive use of thick gear oil, 85W-140. Thick enough not to fling off, while still providing adequate lubrication.

Current chain has 53,000 km, has never been and does not currently need adjustment. Reason? Exclusive use of thick gear oil, 85W-140. Thick enough not to fling off, while still providing adequate lubrication.
Sounds like grease to me

Funny, it pours like oil. But grease might work too.

So.....500 km on the freshly waxed chain and it's still perfect. Clean, quiet, and looks good.....and there's no oil on my wheel! I'm sold, even if I have to reapply after riding in rain which I would have done with regular lube anyway. Just can't see a downside yet.

Back
Top Bottom