Stinger Folding Trailers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stinger Folding Trailers

DoubleJ

Anybody tried this product and can give any insight into their experience with them. Good ,bad and the ugly? Where and who sells them to the masses in southern Ontario? Thanks

When I sold my track bike last year, the gentleman that picked it up came with a "trailer-in-a-bag", looked so bloody flimsy, I'd be worried using it often.

I picked up a used harbour freight folding trailer for cheap and takes very little space when folded.

Last edited:
If the "Stinger" fold-up trailer is the one that I'm thinking of, they were insanely expensive.

That's a spendy bit of sheetmetal. It looks very handy for a one bike trailer, but $1800? or 6 harbor frt trailers and throw them away in the fall each year?

How do you get the Harbour Freight trailer across the border?

If it's the stinger trailer that I'm thinking of they are now built in Cambridge for around $1800 new.

Nope. Closed down in Canada due to a "lack of skilled trade" and increased material cost.

I picked up a used harbour freight folding trailer for cheap and takes very little space when folded.

That's a BEAUT! ;)

Stinger's were bloody expensive and as I recall had zero suspension, but I don't recall them being sold at crappy tire.

A GTAMer was selling his earlier this year. I had my eye on it but couldn't go through. I saw one one parked and had a good look. Really nicely built and compact. Weighs around 200 pounds but will fit in the back of an SUV with 2 people lifting it.

How do you get the Harbour Freight trailer across the border?
In the back of a pickup truck in boxes.

As GreyGhost said. Import as parts, assemble here, register home built. That's what I did. All told with exchange rate and gas and everything cost me around $400.

It's not a very solid trailer, but what do you expect for $400. Once I lost one fender and ripped the other one off by hand I haven't had any issues with it and it takes up a ridiculously small amount of space in the garage.

If you don't want to drive across the border, that folding Harbor Freight trailer is also available in Canada from Royal Distributing (and other places) under the 'Salter' brand name for around $600. It comes with the paperwork so that it doesn't need to be registered as homebuilt.

That same company also sells decent galvanized trailers, sometimes as low as $600. He has a harbor freight trailer on site, and I couldn't believe how thin/shaky it appeared. I think when I finally get around to buying a trailer, I'll just buy a galvanized trailer from this company any put a wheel chock or two in front for the bikes.

Back
Top Bottom