Indian Ride Day - My Thoughts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Indian Ride Day - My Thoughts

Touchit

So I went down to Burlington over the weekend and was able to finally see the new Indian Scout up close. After reading the reviews and seeing pictures I was really looking forward to seeing this bike. After waiting a little while as the ride day was rather busy, I finally got to ride the Scout. Now I'm a bigger guy, 6'2" and 240lbs. Sitting waiting for the ride to start, I had to adjust a little bit. Having the seat being smaller and the bike smaller, this for sure didn't suit me all that well. Sitting there I was thinking what parts I would need to add or adjust in order to make the bike much more comfortable to ride.

Then we got to head out from the dealership. I made a little gap between myself and the rider in front of me and opened the throttle. This bike had lots of pickup and get me some tickets. The smile that came across my face was past each ear! The Scout handled rather well and was rather easy to throw around in the corners. The bike has a built in feature (Which is new to me) which allows you to change from KPH to MPH and still use the same speedometer. Seems like a smart idea and would make traveling to the US and knowing what speed you're traveling much easier.

The ride only lasted about 15ish minutes and then we were back at the dealership. Within that time I could see this as an around town kind of bike or doing short rides. Since the smaller frame of the bike and my longer legs and small seat. The Scout wouldn't offer me much in comfort for those longer day rides.

Then I got to ride the Classic. The bike was much bigger and was more comfortable for myself. As we are all sitting there waiting for traffic to clear, I'm checking out the bike. They use a push button start for the bike and also have a gear indicator on the speedometer. Riding this bike was a lot more different as the bike needed much room to turn and you couldn't lean to far over with the big land boat. The engine was able to provide lots of power and was very responsive. The ride was much smoother than the Scout. The seat was much bigger on the Classic which helped the back side enjoy the ride much more. Looks like I might end up putting down some cash this winter for one of these.

I also rode the Chieftan and the Vintage. Both of these bikes were identical to the Classic with different paint and saddle bags and windshield. Both still smooth and enjoyable to ride. If you're looking for a new cruiser I would say give them a look for sure!

Everyone at the ride day was rather friendly and very helpful. The GF had a laugh when there was about 5 bracelets on my wrist after signing up for test rides.

If anyone else was out and took out a bike, what did you think? Did you like what you were riding? Would you change anything or was the bike not for you?

**EDIT : One thing I would change for sure is to make the pipes louder! EDIT**

TLDR : I went on the Indian ride and test rode the bikes and liked what was there. The cruisers were rather nice, but I'm not there yet in life for getting myself a full cruiser. The Scout was smaller and lots of engine and easy to throw around. The Classic fit me perfectly and I'll be considering getting one over the winter.

I know a guy who has a Chief and he absolutely loves it. The great thing is they are now owned by Polaris, who has brought some great engineering and reliability to the brand. Their stock is going through the roof lately as sales of the Indians and Victory motorcycles have done well.

Was this at peak power sports on harvester?

I've been to there Indian demo day and tried the chief... Absolutely wonderful

Haven't had the chance to ride the scout yet

Harvester sounds about right.

The staff there was very friendly. Always nice to see people who work with the public with a constant smile on their face and willing to help.

Not sure when the next demo day will be, but you should for sure go and check out the Scout. The waiting list was pretty long. Looks like a good contender for the 883.

Indian is doing very well as is Victory. Polaris has done them both wonders, you're right!

I was there too last weekend and was very impressed by the Scout. Not a sport bike, or a cruiser but somehwere in between. It's like a little brat that needs to smacked around and ridden hard through twisties. Torque and overall throttle response is excellent. I'm a short guy 5'8, and it fits me good. I'd swap the pull back handlebars for drag bars just to add to it's aggressiveness. I'm very tempted to get this as a second bike...

As for the Chieftain, Classic and Vintage all are great comfortable rides with a lot of character for modern bikes. Definitely something to choose for long open road trips. For me though, I'm not ready for comfortable 'pillowy' rides yet...I could see myself falling asleep on one of these. I've ridden a recent Harley Fatboy, Softail and Sporter 1200 and in my opinion, hands down the Indians are far more comfortable, piece of mind type American bikes.

I rode the Chieftain. Awesome bike. Handles great, good ground clearance, excellent engine, perfect rumble at city speeds with the sound disappearing at highway speeds (perfect for touring), and one of the best stock seats of all time. I would own one. And I would never change the exhaust just to ruin the perfect sound.

Back
Top Bottom