883 harley | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

883 harley

Ride what is socially acceptable. I rode 644cc yesterday but on back roads with tinted visor.

Besides, with a little work, 883s can be cool.

harley-sportster-cafe-racer-harley-iron-883-17151-900x540.jpg

Technics-Sporty-25_Original.jpg

I love the look of the 883. It's plain and simple and that's what I love most about it. Only thing I wish it didn't have was those silly plastic covers on the forks (Kind of like the ones you see on 100 dollar bicycles from canadian tire) -- but that's subjective. Everything else is beautiful.

And if someone told me that I was riding a chick's bike, I'd probably laugh in their face and get back on the road while they pose in front of T.H.

The only down side of the 883 is many tend to upgrade to the 1200 for more power or cred. There is no savings in purchase price, insurance or maintenance.

At 6 foot I would look for a 1200 with forward controls.

You'll get flack from the HD crowed saying you should just get an FL model as the sporty's don't make for a good highway companion or the ignorant folks that point out its a skirtster or what ever.

There is plenty to find this time of year for decent prices. Be selective and find what you like.

Like anything else, there is always haters. Even within the hog.

Some folks slag soft tail riders while others rib vrod riders etc. and then there is the anti HD crowd. Lol.

So be prepared for a little bit of ribbing if you do go with an HD. It's just part of riding one.

Before pulling the trigger, think about the type of riding you want to do. Sporty's are great for two lane country roads and bopping around town. If you plan on zooming the 400 series on a prolonged time on a regular basis, look elsewhere.

My buddy loves his 883. He did say the only problem was that the controls made his knees too high and the wind made his vagina cold.

I love the look of the 883. It's plain and simple and that's what I love most about it. Only thing I wish it didn't have was those silly plastic covers on the forks (Kind of like the ones you see on 100 dollar bicycles from canadian tire)

Ironically, those are called boots.

you can take them off easily, but they actually do an important job to prevent fork dings from rocks and crap and will lead to seals lasting a lot longer.

A boot is the storage space at the back of your car (or front, if you own a Porsche).

The ribbed rubber cover over the fork stanchions is a gaiter.

I had a conversation with a guy on an EX500 once that referred to Sportsters as girls bikes. Silly. I also regularly pass guys on Harleys that don't wave to me because I ride a rice burner. I just laugh at them all......why do so many people feel the need to hate?

A boot is the storage space at the back of your car (or front, if you own a Porsche).

yes, because Elephants have trunks.

There's also Harley's new liquid cooled 750cc bike. I think it has more power than a Sportster and it's a lot more modern, if that appeals to you. I would consider the new Indian Scout too, since it is a beautifully styled bike at a great price, plus it will attract attention everywere you go.

There's also Harley's new liquid cooled 750cc bike. I think it has more power than a Sportster and it's a lot more modern, if that appeals to you. I would consider the new Indian Scout too, since it is a beautifully styled bike at a great price, plus it will attract attention everywere you go.

Nice looking bike. Not a bad price either.

funny, I Google "boots" and all I get are images like this...

091015_top-5-boots.jpg

Google Gaiters and I get this...

or-exos-gaiters.jpg

Back
Top Bottom