883 harley | GTAMotorcycle.com

883 harley

I am looking at a used 883,will people say I am on a girls bike?,should be enough power for a 6ft 200lb guy to ride dont ya think,thanks

Some people will say it's a girl bike unless you get the 1200. I wouldn't care what other people thought, but you might since you're asking the question. I have a friend that has a 883 and he keeps thinking he wants to upgrade to a 1200 because the same reason.

just ride whatever the hell you wanna ride...let the posers do the posing and the talkers do the talking.

883 Sporty has it all over Ural Wolf. Nobody ever called Ural Wolf girls bike. Simple deductive reasoning ftw.

You could always look for a Yamaha Bolt.

They're objectively better bikes.

I am looking at a used 883,will people say I am on a girls bike?,should be enough power for a 6ft 200lb guy to ride dont ya think,thanks

Yes, you will receive some 'ribbing' that you are riding a girls bike. Mostly from other riders who are not riding much.

If you remove any '883' stickers, noone would know the difference. An upgrade to 1200cc is readily available and may even be something you'd want to try yourself.

Yes, the 883 has enough power for you, but you'll most likely want to do a stage 1 (upgraded exhaust, air cleaner/filter, jetting/tuning) to free it up from the factory configuration. This is a trick question though, do you ever have enough power? LoL.

6ft 200lbs - the mid controls of a lot of the Sportsters may be a little tight for you (knee cramp) - if you can't find a used bike with forward controls, you can always add these later.

Do what You want to do. So many people too concerned with what others think and how they look.

LOL. I don't see too many girls riding Sporsters. Not to say there aren't any, but I don't see lots. Ignore the Harley snobs and fashion police, they're a sure ticket to misery. I believe Sonny Barger, former President of the Hell's Angels Worldwide, at one time rode a 900cc Sportster. Can't imagine what would have happened if you walked up to him and told him he was on a girl's bike. 883 is a strong bike and there's plenty you can add to them. Go buy and enjoy like countless millions of other males have.

it's a fad bike right now. everyone and their uncle are now officially badasses...or perhaps sons? :p

anyhow, i had one. I did the 1200 convert myself in the basement. yes, there's a power dif, but honestly, not anything that would make a dif to how i ride.

an 883 is geared differently than a 1200 so you'll be shaking apart at 120kmh (if you upgrade the to a 1200 kit).

it's not a speedbike and it's geared to be quick. it's definitely a fun ownership for sure but don't expect miracles out of a 1200 conversion.

That being said, loved the sporty. Only ones that say it's a girls bike are the girls that don't think they can handle the size of a full size hd.

It has a huge following so f the noise about 'girls' bike.

Just don't go out and instantly buy chuck taylors, plaid shirts, wayfarers, or grow a beard and you'll be fine....

There's a mountain of difference between Sonny Barger riding 900cc iron Sporty back in the day and riding 883 today. That has to be put into context. Sonny is also quoted as saying he really likes the BMW boxers. Anyway, in todays motorcycling realm the 883 is poorly functioning in a dynamic sense. If that's important that aspect needs further examination. Stylistically, they do quite well among a certain core audience. Can be made loud without increase in power.

2006 harley davidson 883 us bike currently registered and on the road in toronto. It has about 1500km (converted from miles) 5500 obo pm me.

i don't know anything but i thought this was funny

In terms of pure work-manship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "**** Harley-Davidson."
—- Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel

it's a fad bike right now. everyone and their uncle are now officially badasses...or perhaps sons? :p

I see what you did there :)

I have spent my entire life riding small displacement bikes and scooters that are considered girls' rides.

Often, other "riders" make fun of me.
I weep and weep because of their opinion.

I console myself with the facts that I have incredible good looks, and an unusually large penis.

True story!

My previous Hayabusa was a girls 1300cc, now I'm on a man's 1340cc. Stupid elitist crap this displacement bullshoot. It's not like a 1200 or the biggest harley are a screamers either. Ride whatever you want.

just ride whatever the hell you wanna ride...let the posers do the posing and the talkers do the talking.

Couldn`t agree more. Same with anybody else that posts something similar. I.e. Like watching some of these reality shows. Kelly Rippa. Breakfast TV on ****** TV. Who cares?

Back
Top Bottom