Respo Foggy locally? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Respo Foggy locally?

There's no recess on my RPS-10 for the pin lock.

Correct, not on the RPS-10, and not the RHPA-10 either. Some of the newer HJC models have the recessed Pinlock, the FG-17 for example. Not sure about other manufacturers.

There's no recess on my RPS-10 for the pin lock.

My Bad, I based my statement on the FG-17 I have, as well as the Arai Signet-Q and Shark Speed-R I have tried on. They both had the recess, and apparently come with the pinlock lens in the box, so I presumed any Pinlock ready helmet would have said recess in the shield.... not so it seems, sorry for the confusion.

So I did a little research to clear things up... :cool:

The recessed visor is called a Max vision Shield, which some manufacturers have started using as standard.

They include Arai (Signet-Q), HJC (RPHA-Max, IS-17, FG-17), Scorpion (R-2000 Air) and Shark (Vision-R, Speed-R, Race-R Pro) those are for sure, but there may be more, and I'm pretty sure the Arai Max Vision shield can be fitted to more models as an accessory.

I found nothing Max Vision for Shoei or AGV, though I would bet it's in their future.

I found nothing Max Vision for Shoei or AGV, though I would bet it's in their future.

My Shoei RF-1200 has ribs on the top and bottom of the inside of the visor to stiffen it but there's no recess for the Pinlock insert.

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is with the Pinlock EVO? Is it just a better moisture-absorbing insert? (Also, has anyone tried the Pinlock Earplugs?!)

you can always try hockey visor anti-fog, its the same principal. Available at any sports store. In a pinch a very thin layer of dish soap will do the same, then wipe it off with a cloth.

While I have yet to try a pin lock visor, I've used many combinations of wax, shaving cream, rainex antifog, and find that the respro foggy PLUS an antifog agent works best.

I tend to fog up at stops, but once rolling everything clears. I usually need this setup for days when the high is 4 degrees Celsius or lower.

Thin balaclava when the temperature drops. I constantly ride in stop and go traffic with my visor up so I don't suffer the fogged up visor.
I gave my respo away free to wobbly cat many years ago.

While I have yet to try a pin lock visor, I've used many combinations of wax, shaving cream, rainex antifog, and find that the respro foggy PLUS an antifog agent works best.

I tend to fog up at stops, but once rolling everything clears. I usually need this setup for days when the high is 4 degrees Celsius or lower.

I highly recommend a pinlock visor.

So the foggy doesn't fit my helmet (Kaos Carbon). I did, however, get a new pinlock insert for free yesterday so I'm going to try and mount that to one of the spare visors I have for my helmet. The problem I now have is that the insert only has one of the mounting pins/screws. Does anyone know where to get them locally, or does anyone have one kicking around that they don't need?

Back
Top Bottom