Respo Foggy locally? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Respo Foggy locally?

Renboy

Who sells these locally? It's already beginning and I don't want to deal with fogging again this year. Anywhere between Kitchener/Waterloo -> Mississauga.

Cheers.

I think Motovan or Parts Canada carries the Foggy so pretty much any bike shop can get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine at Topendz, but that was a few years ago.

Most shops should have them, I think I saw them at Royal in Guelph once?

Got mine at Topendz, but that was a few years ago.

Most shops should have them, I think I saw them at Royal in Guelph once?
Same here, although my replacement was found on eBay and shipped from the UK.

Pledge sucks @ss when it gets really cold out there.

I'd have to buy a new helmet. Wife won't let that happen. $30-40 on the foggy thing, definitely happening.

Thanks guys.

CL16's were being cleared out at $60-80 recently. 'MERICA, but it's not that far off for 30-40$..for a DOT, SNELL 2010 helmet..

I'd have to buy a new helmet. Wife won't let that happen. $30-40 on the foggy thing, definitely happening.

Thanks guys.

HJC FG-17

$200 for solids tax in most places. Pinlock visor included.

HJC FG-17

$200 for solids tax in most places. Pinlock visor included.
Thanks for the suggestion, but my helmet is only a year old, and aside from the fogging, I really like it. Not to mention theprocess had a brand new foggy that I picked up from him.

Since the topic of pinlock visors came up, I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. When I tried to ride with the pinlock shield supplied by AGV with the Corsa helmet, my field of vision was blurry. Not dangerously blurry, but not as clear as it would be without it. Is this normal? Or is it because AGV puts out cheap lenses since they have to include one with every helmet they sell?

Since the topic of pinlock visors came up, I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. When I tried to ride with the pinlock shield supplied by AGV with the Corsa helmet, my field of vision was blurry. Not dangerously blurry, but not as clear as it would be without it. Is this normal? Or is it because AGV puts out cheap lenses since they have to include one with every helmet they sell?

My HJC you couldn't even tell it was in there. Dumb question but there isn't a protective film on there to prevent scratches in shipping is there?

My HJC you couldn't even tell it was in there. Dumb question but there isn't a protective film on there to prevent scratches in shipping is there?
Ha! I don't recall taking any film off the visor, I'll have to double check when I get home. :tard:

The pinlock visor has a lip around the outer edge - about 1/32". Be sure that's the side you have against the helmet visor.
(you must have it right, or it would fog up............the ~1/32" acts as a thermal break)
The one on my Arai is fine.

The Pinlock insert definitely has a protective film on it. I think mine may have even been tinted green so that you knew it was there.

Pinlock inserts can be retrofitted to any visor. There are instructions to drill holes into the visor into which you can insert the pins. A bit risky, but using the template should make it fairly straight forward a task.

As for a comparison between the Respro Foggy and the Pinlock insert, here's my $0.02:

Both work great to prevent your visor from fogging. With either product, I could ride with my visor fully closed without the risk of the visor fogging. I have switched from the Foggy to the Pinlock because of it's ease of use. The thing I disliked the most about the Foggy was the complexity of fitting it into the helmet. I would only wear it when I needed it because I would sweat too much otherwise when it was warm outside (wore it when it rained any time of year and when the weather got cold). Getting it the right position was a bit fiddly but once I got it right, it was amazing and very comfortable. The nose bridge would cause my glasses to sit a bit higher but that wasn't an issue.

With the Pinlock, my visor never fogs, ever, no matter what. The problem I have, however, is that my glasses will fog. That never happened with the Foggy. But I leave the Pinlock in year round and I don't have to consider the weather before I don my lid and ride. To me, I'd rather put up with a little fog on the glasses to have the convenience of never having to think about my helmet fogging. And as soon as I start moving again, my glasses clear right up so to me it doesn't pose a safety risk (also given that it's usually only one lens that fogs, depending on which nostril is currently functioning).

Both are good solutions. The Foggy is $20. The Pinlock insert is around $30 or $40, I believe.

Pinlock inserts can be retrofitted to any visor. There are instructions to drill holes into the visor into which you can insert the pins. A bit risky, but using the template should make it fairly straight forward

True, but the advantage of buying a pinlock ready helmet is the visor has a recessed area for the pinlock insert. This means when installed, the pinlock sits flush with the inside of the visor, which eliminates the clearance issues. The end result is the pinlock lense can cover almost the entire surface area of the visor increasing FOV, which is an issue when using the retrofit pinlock

Back
Top Bottom