Motorcycle Toy Run | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Toy Run

Skyway6

Just wondering if Toronto has anything like this?

Today was the 36th annual Vancouver Motorcycle toy run. (always the first Sunday in October) Literally over 10,000 bikes ride parade style from the Coquitlam Town Centre mall to the PNE (i am guessing similar to riding from Square 1 to CNE) a route of 20km. Everyone gathers at the mall early to be ready for the 0930 departure.

It is quite the spectacle- all cross streets are blocked by police and the bikes have priority over the route and have a reserved lane. There are people along the
whole route waving and taking pictures. It takes about 20min just to get out of the mall parking lot. And the sound of thousands of bikes running is well in a word -LOUD-
There are every type of bike you can imagine. Everything from big cruisers to scooters. Some dress up in costume (Mr and Mrs Santa) and this year one guy was in a full StarWars Storm trooper uniform.

the whole reason for this is for the Vancouver Xmas bureau charity. You bring an unwrapped (but still in package) toy and they distribute to families that
are poor. This was my 7th year. it is quite fun and about the only time you can run every red light and stop sign with police standing right there.

some pix. a small portion of the mall gathering. last years pins and this years......

K1vSBiBl.jpg

c21uhDCl.jpg

XaMDZGwl.jpg

We have the Beach's Toy Run here in Belleville. First Sunday as well, Great ride for a great cause.

Nowhere near that many bikes though :shock:

Last edited:
Here is some video from last years. 16min of non stop bikes

i make an appearance at 1215 to 1218 - white helmet. red jacket / orange vest. On a Ninja 650 with topbox
From where i was parked it took 12min to get to this spot. A distance you could walk in 3 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAetnfhpgpQ

Last edited:
There are lots of events like that in Southern Ontario. Read The Rider's Mag, it has an event schedule for them. Some are big, some not so big, but almost all are charity based with poker runs, toy runs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom