Not sure I can sneak into this group...but I'm gonna try! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not sure I can sneak into this group...but I'm gonna try!

Shar9598

the reason I say that is because I ride a 300i Downtown scooter, but the advice and feedback I see on this site is 100 time better than anything I see elsewhere. I showed the "Reasons Why We Crash" to my husband this morning, as he's just started riding this weekend (Suzuki GS 500).

I wanted some feedback on something that's happened to my bike. I was getting a lot of handlebar vibration and researched Grip Puppies. Hard to get, so I followed the advice in one of these threads that said to buy Canadian Tire bike grips instead. I did...after a lot of dishsoap, swearing and blasting myself inadvertently with the air compressor, get them on last night, and what a difference! What I notice though is that the throttle isn't snapping back -- almost giving me kind of a cruise control, which honestly, is kind of even more relaxing for my hand. Is this a dumb move keeping it like this?

20140905_174540_resized.jpg

Try an exacto knife to trim off anything that is causing the friction and sticking.

fix the problem, if for some reason you and your bike become separated, having it launch of into bystanders with the throttle locked open isn't good.

Obviously the grip is binding somewhere, typically it is because it is slid in too far/too large a diameter flange rubbing against the brake lever or it was designed for a smaller bar and it is squeezing your throttle tube.

Man, those scooters sure do look nice from the front.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I feel like a scolded puppy, but I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for not being too hard on me! I'll get the exacto knife out to see if trimming the end helps.

Cruise control is stupid on a bike ,not very safe,let alone a sticky throttle. Hmm your bikes behind the ogtc isn't it :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I feel like a scolded puppy, but I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for not being too hard on me! I'll get the exacto knife out to see if trimming the end helps.
Think of us as concerned. :)

I've ridden with a sticky throttle, and ended up in the creek because of it. The lessons a 13 year old learns on a dirt bike... :)

Welcome and some of us have bikes and scooters, so don't think of yourself as an intruder (well, some on the forum will think that).

Back
Top Bottom