Interesting dual sport/touring boots. GAERNE Trial boots | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting dual sport/touring boots. GAERNE Trial boots

MacDoc

Site Supporter
From the thread in the other section. Since moving off the Burgman I need some additional foot gear and also something built with shifting in mind.

I ride the KLR in rough enough stuff to warrant an armoured boot but could not shift with Motocross boots on.

THIS...is a treat....covers off both needs and I certainly don't mind the extra ankle support and protection on the Wee.

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

They look to be a cross over boot between adventure style and motocross....might just be the ticket.

Yep waterproof

This extremely durable boot is made with a full grain oiled leather. It features an injection molded front shin guard and three new alloy buckles, which are replaceable. It is also waterproof thanks to a breathable membrane liner we call “GAERNE DRYTECH”. A gum rubber sole completes the task for a great feel and control of the bike.

hmmm

Pulled the trigger on these after seeing some use on the VStrom forum. I was concerned about shifting. Looking forward to them.

For the KLR, get the IMS extended shifter. You can thank me later.

They look like cross-country ski boots kind of. I'll admit, a reinforced shifter area on the toe is not an area that has been properly addressed by boot manufacturers.

Not the same as the OP boots and the reinforced shifter is not the issue.....any shoemaker can reinforce the shift area.

I'm looking for a combination of touring and offroad and the GAERNE fit my needs.

Got them in today - perfect fit in the foot tho not generous will need to stick to slim socks - need to find some thin wool socks or thinsulate socks.

Last edited:
Got them in today - perfect fit in the foot tho not generous will need to stick to slim socks - need to find some thin wool socks or thinsulate socks.

So you didn't get the $430 boots? Did you get the $300 Adventure version? I'm always a little leery about buying shoes or clothing online due to problems with the fit. I hope it works out for you, they do look like great boots.

They are called
Gaerne Balance Oiled Boots
Gaerne classifies them as a trials boot.

45-5403BalOilBrwn_detail.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gaerne-balance-oiled-boots

Gaerne Balance Oiled Boots
Features:
Full grain oiled leather
3 alloy replaceable buckles
Waterproof
Gaerne Drytech membrane liner
Gum rubber sole for feel and control

Just have to nudge the shift up a bit or get a slightly longer one. Looking forward to dry feet come next rain ride tho the my RedHead hunting boots are also Gortex.

Need to sort knee armor as mine is a tad long I think but might get lucky and have it fit nicely - that way the armor stays on the knee.

Back
Top Bottom