Royal Distributing vs GP Bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Royal Distributing vs GP Bikes

I always give everybody a second chance, minimum. Bad customer service, etc.

Been to both Royal, Guelph and Innisfil. Went to GP to buy my first Ducati. Cash in hand. Talking to the sales associate and the phone rings, picks up and walks away from me.

Went elsewhere to buy. However, did not hold that against them. Just that they lost a sale.

Like Royal as well. Nice polite staff.

Have my bike serviced at Peninsula in Oakville. Great mechanic. Helpful Service Manager.

Bottom line is we all have choices. If after the second or possibly third bad experience. Gone, never to return.

Bottom line is we all have choices. If after the second or possibly third bad experience. Gone, never to return.

I'm the same way.

Only been to GP once to look around (a Monday mid afternoon, no other customers on the showroom floor) and never was asked if I had any questions or needed help. Not that I had planned to buy anything that day anyway. The person I remember the most was someone more interested in getting his camera to work with the computer then see if I wanted anything :lmao:

I'm quite content being left alone when I walk into a store. I don't care if someone greets me or not. If I want something, I'll ask.

I shop at both but prefer dealing with GP,I can get the same prices there as Royal.GP has a servive department and sells better quality gear if you want it.Not to much selection at Royal if you want more than a jacket or helmetGP has walls of gloves,boots,jackets,heated gear...,just seems that Royal more offers entry level products.

Reading a lot of reviews here and I always have a hard time understanding people who defend bad business practices. Providing good service is normal and expected - it's not some sort of a circus parade with whistles and giraffes,. Customers who want this good service are not spoiled pansies. They are regular people who get to choose where they spend their hard earned money.

Reading a lot of reviews here and I always have a hard time understanding people who defend bad business practices. Providing good service is normal and expected - it's not some sort of a circus parade with whistles and giraffes,. Customers who want this good service are not spoiled pansies. They are regular people who get to choose where they spend their hard earned money.

That is a sensible attitude. Enough of the bashing of the poor guy. He visited a business establishment and posted his experience.

I have never been to Royal Distributing so I can't comment.

I have been to GP many times and I can say from my many visits I had a more enjoyable time at the Ajax location. The staff at the old location was very attentive without being stifling. They would always greet me but then give me space until I needed assistance. The staff at the Ajax location was made up of mostly older more experienced individuals and that may have made a difference in how they dealt with me. At the Whitby location the staff is hit or miss. I like dealing with the old staff at Whitby even though some are "grumpy" (that is their personality) but they know the products; product knowledge plus personality makes the interaction more interesting.

Does this mean that "I love" GP Bikes and highly recommend them? Not really. Customer service has been slipping; why not go somewhere else? Some of the other motorcyle establishments have similar customer service with less selection. And then you have those with poor customer service and poor product selection; don't know how those businesses stay in business.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom