Anyone touring this weekend? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone touring this weekend?

brownelvis

I have to head up to Ottawa this weekend and was planning to take the bike, but with all the rain I might take the cage.

The rain is forecast to be more or less 10mm/day so it doesn't seem that bad, I could put on my waterproof textile onesie with my heated jacket so I'll just see how I feel tomorrow.

I can't decide either...I really want to ride the Wee and have a very cool new Gortex jacket that needs breaking in.

Was spotty rain ( but horizontal ) and chilly into the wind - nice in the sun when sheltered. Would be cold on the slab.
Have not worked out my cool weather gear yet - need some better socks and I miss my grip heaters.
Tomorrow may be a Burgman day out.

Heading to Port Dover from Cambridge with my daughter on Sunday, hope the rain holds off for her sake. I would rather ride in the rain than not ride at all!!

Chilly ride in the morning with 4 degrees forecast but looks okay midday. Hmmm Port Dover for perch...too bad the ride is so boring. Still any reason.
Dover is usually a few degrees warmer along the lake this time of year.

If you go down 8 stop at SOSA Soaring club...they should be active around 11 am if the wind is not too high

You can even take a flight..
6354977.jpg

http://www.sosaglidingclub.com/gift-certificate.html

Better day I might do my loop to Dover then Fort Erie and Niagara following the water and home but without heated grips......might be too cold too long.

Have fun,

Last edited:
I have to head up to Ottawa this weekend and was planning to take the bike, but with all the rain I might take the cage.

The rain is forecast to be more or less 10mm/day so it doesn't seem that bad, I could put on my waterproof textile onesie with my heated jacket so I'll just see how I feel tomorrow.

I decided to take a quickie over-niter to PA for my "peeper" run - staying at the Williamsport Best Western. Despite the forecast for scattered showers I was not rained on once yesterday (Saturday) but there were enough dark clouds circling to keep me in my rain suit all day, which was fine because I needed it for warmth anyway. But there was lots of blue skies and sun between the dark scattered clouds - typical fall mountain weather.

The foliage was odd - ranging from almost bare to barely turned.

The weather forecast is unsettled again today - just depends on hitting the right area at the right time. My plan is to come back via the Finger Lakes area.

These mini-tours are great with relatively short saddle time gives lots of flexibility.

Last edited:
Starting at Port Dover and heading west along the lake has some pretty nice roads, weather holds we will be on them

Yep - there are even a few little twists and it's a very nice ride.
Up to 7 now. Have a client at 10 then will see....kid not even surfaced yet.

I chickened out and took the cage to Ottawa...I had to be in good shape when I came back today. Was cold and rainy on the way down saturday so I'm kind of glad I skipped that. This season has felt unusually short so I want to get one more weekend tour in if possible...

I decided to take a quickie over-niter to PA for my "peeper" run - staying at the Williamsport Best Western. Despite the forecast for scattered showers I was not rained on once yesterday (Saturday) but there were enough dark clouds circling to keep me in my rain suit all day, which was fine because I needed it for warmth anyway. But there was lots of blue skies and sun between the dark scattered clouds - typical fall mountain weather.

The foliage was odd - ranging from almost bare to barely turned.

The weather forecast is unsettled again today - just depends on hitting the right area at the right time. My plan is to come back via the Finger Lakes area.

These mini-tours are great with relatively short saddle time gives lots of flexibility.

how much extra time does that route take compared to shooting back through buffalo on the 219?

Back
Top Bottom