Canada to help bomb ISIS | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada to help bomb ISIS

Slim Jim

I was leaning to vote liberal next election, but with the Liberal and NDP both acting like cowards and objecting to it,I will vote PC for sure now. Does this matter to anyone in swaying their vote?

I wouldn't vote liberal no matter what they say or promise

Couldn't possibly matter to me any less

As far as I see this, the whole initiative is just a way for Western interests to arm Syrian rebels. Guess where the weapons will be aimed after "ISIS" (flavour of the month terrorist organization) is squashed.. if they're lucky, just at Syria.

Here's Reagan with the Taliban..

that-time-ronald-reagan-hosted-those-freedom-fighters-at-the-oval-office.jpg

I think it's a mistake for Canada to get involved. You will never defeat an ideology.

They well degrade it until it's insignificant. We can't sit on the sidelines and not help, they are a threat to Canada and have to be dealt with.

Unfortunately, joining your allies is price of showing solidarity with your allies. If China, for instance, was doing something nobody would bat an eye if we didn't jump right in. That Libs and NDP are squawking means that they're not in power. Opposition has to squawk.

They well degrade it until it's insignificant. We can't sit on the sidelines and not help, they are a threat to Canada and have to be dealt with.

Couldn't disagree more. We have to help for the reason inreb stated.

They're a threat to Canada? LOL now that's a stretch.

If we eliminate ISIS, the middle east will stable again, and we will have 80c gas again...RIGHT?

Last edited:
If you think we are safe from these terrorist you're dreaming., if they they not eliminated we are guaranteed astronomical oil and gas prices

I wouldn't have cared until I heard they want to target civilians in North American soil. Claiming they will chop off someone's head in the streets.
With them lobbing people's head off and making a video about it, I'd say bomb them to hell!

I wouldn't have cared until I heard they want to target civilians in North American soil. Claiming they will chop off someone's head in the streets.
With them lobbing people's head off and making a video about it, I'd say bomb them to hell!

Welcome to the loving religion of Islam.

Shouldn't matter what you are the Muslim religion is barbaric by doctrine.

sent from a device using a program

Shouldn't matter what you are the Muslim religion is barbaric by doctrine.

so is every other religious doctrine. Here's an example of wonderful quotes from the bible:

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

"Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock." (Psalm 137:9)

etc etc etc.

Don't disagree one bit bit the Muslims seem more engaged in actively trying to bring the world back to the stone age. When you are allowed to kill infidels by your religion things aren't going to be freindly

I'll agree with you there; but I think it's a little more difficult. Islam is very diverse but also very large. This is a dangerous mixture as per you will get a higher percentage of people who fall under the extremism part of the spectrum because of it's population whereas a smaller religion will have a smaller portion of extremists (not percentage wise, but numbers wise). Since you have a larger population of the extremism spectrum, prepare to see more news regarding these people. And I don't think the post 9/11 media's interpretation of Middle easterners really helps their cause either, which is unfortunate for the moderate Muslims.

I don't think it's an issue with any specific religion (though there is the argument to be made that this maybe problematic because people are doing this in the name of a god that may or may not be real) because realistically this could happen with any religion or social economic system or ideology or philosophy. It's an issue with a weirdly large amount of people "taking religion too seriously" for lack of a better term. I'll try to explain this further: If you or anyone here has ever read Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, even if you dont take philosophy as seriously as I do you could appreciate his work. In this wonderful book (or combination of books) there's one part that specifically stands out which is his account of the Doctrine of the Mean, whereby living a life of deficiency or excess (in regards to certain character attributes) is considered a vice whereas living a life in the mean (in balance between excess and deficiency) could perhaps lead to a better life.

If we apply this to somewhere like the Middle East, I feel as if an over represented amount (relative to us) of them are living a life of excess, taking religion too seriously, forcing women to cover themselves, implementing harsh Sharia sentences, etc ALL in the name of Allah. But realistically this could and has applied to ANY religion, ie: hating gays in the name of God. It's the fact that most of "us" are more moderate when it comes to religion, whereas moderation isn't the norm over there. I think the fact that us westerners are trying to grasp onto the idea of separation of church and state also plays a huge role in this as well; whereas if you were to say that over there, you'd get laughed at.

Last edited:
so is every other religious doctrine. Here's an example of wonderful quotes from the bible:

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

"Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock." (Psalm 137:9)

etc etc etc.

None of said texts (however severely taken out of context) are in any way similar to what the Quran teaches about how to treat unbelievers.........

Back
Top Bottom