Wish this was here... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wish this was here...

You do realize the more of them that are on motorcycles, the fewer are taking up space in cars. Not to mention, they accelerate faster than your car does, so please think that one through a little more. Virtually all traffic on 400 series highways happens at on/off-ramps. Have you ever seen a bike merging at 50km/h with it's 4 ways on?

Bikers are doing you a favour by not being in cars.

in some cases yes, I will get home later. Some of those *** hats, ride down the shoulder and then pull back into traffic, making my wait even longer then before. Even worse when multiple people do it.
Fines? I wish they all got fines, problem is most of them get away with it, many times.

Your sense of entitlement illustrates the problem in it's entirety. You sound like you're one traffic delay away from trying to hurt someone. Although I suspect you're just a big talker.

I'm pretty sure it isnt ILLEGAL to share a lane with parked cars.
As long as they are parked.

If I'm wrong, my commute home everyday is completely illegal....
it is - I almost got stunt driving for that from a cop - He had to attend a call while writing me the ticket and speaking to his supervisor and had to go or so he says, most of them are full of ****

You do realize the more of them that are on motorcycles, the fewer are taking up space in cars. Not to mention, they accelerate faster than your car does, so please think that one through a little more. Virtually all traffic on 400 series highways happens at on/off-ramps. Have you ever seen a bike merging at 50km/h with it's 4 ways on?

Bikers are doing you a favour by not being in cars.

not enough people on motorcycles to make this work. A few motorcycles doesn't change the traffic in rush hour by much. If there was a larger amount of motorcycles, then I would agree.

As for redridernl: If I had a sense of entitlement, I would drive like all those ******** in BMW's, Mercdez-Benz's, Lexus' and Pickup trucks. I actually follow the rules of the road majority of the time(i'm not flawless and I can admit it). I don't ride the shoulders, pull into the turning lane, then cut into the left lane to get ahead of someone, lane split etc.

I have no sense of entitlement on the road, other then people should respect the rules of the road and if they don't, they deserve to be caught, fined and made to pay the penalties, every time.(myself included if i break the rules).

not enough people on motorcycles to make this work. A few motorcycles doesn't change the traffic in rush hour by much. If there was a larger amount of motorcycles, then I would agree.

As for redridernl: If I had a sense of entitlement, I would drive like all those ******** in BMW's, Mercdez-Benz's, Lexus' and Pickup trucks. I actually follow the rules of the road majority of the time(i'm not flawless and I can admit it). I don't ride the shoulders, pull into the turning lane, then cut into the left lane to get ahead of someone, lane split etc.

I have no sense of entitlement on the road, other then people should respect the rules of the road and if they don't, they deserve to be caught, fined and made to pay the penalties, every time.(myself included if i break the rules).

Every time you see a bike not splitting, you get home sooner. I guarantee you see more bikes not splitting than you do splitting, so in the end you're still home sooner. Secondly, motorcycles are growing in popularity (I think), so it will be more common. Finally, the more people that see you moving, and them not moving, the more will be motivated to either buy a bike and be moving also, or try to run you over. I'm hoping more will just buy a bike.

I drive a BMW, and I never hold anyone up. If I'm in the left lane, it's to pass. I don't stop at a red light in the right lane (if possible) so those that need to turn right can do so. I'm smart enough to know that if they're moving, it'll help keep me moving.

Legislations change. What's legislated today, may be different tomorrow. Legislation is always behind also. If tomorrow legislation changed and allowed lane splitting, would you automatically approve of such actions? Or would you still be bent out of shape because someone is moving a little faster than you?

Can someone please find the laws and the fine print, confirming or not conforming this?

I do this on regular basis day to day while passing by cops in cars, cops on bikes, cops on foot, and cops on horses, and yet to get even a raised eyebrow..

Every time you see a bike not splitting, you get home sooner. I guarantee you see more bikes not splitting than you do splitting, so in the end you're still home sooner. Secondly, motorcycles are growing in popularity (I think), so it will be more common. Finally, the more people that see you moving, and them not moving, the more will be motivated to either buy a bike and be moving also, or try to run you over. I'm hoping more will just buy a bike.

I drive a BMW, and I never hold anyone up. If I'm in the left lane, it's to pass. I don't stop at a red light in the right lane (if possible) so those that need to turn right can do so. I'm smart enough to know that if they're moving, it'll help keep me moving.

Legislations change. What's legislated today, may be different tomorrow. Legislation is always behind also. If tomorrow legislation changed and allowed lane splitting, would you automatically approve of such actions? Or would you still be bent out of shape because someone is moving a little faster than you?

I would still hate lane splitting when in my cage:) But if it was legal, what can you do.

I would still not lane split, because if there is people like me who have thoughts of opening the door, there are no doubt people who will do it.

Shane

I would still hate lane splitting when in my cage:) But if it was legal, what can you do.

I would still not lane split, because if there is people like me who have thoughts of opening the door, there are no doubt people who will do it.

Shane

So if your sitting idle in traffic and a bike were to pass you doing 10km/h through the traffic, you'd have the urge to open your door and injure the rider?

How do you guys feel about cyclists (not motorcycles) that make it to the "front of the line" on a red, only to slow everyone down once light goes green?
That makes no sense at all.

One huge dichotomy here - I have no problem with cyclists who are using a bicycle as a mode of transport, to get from A to B (home, school, work, store, bar..whatever.) I'd give all the space and props to those cyclists. I like those, and they are righteous cyclists...

What I do have problem with is "Tour de Suburb" types who are cycling purely for their own exercise... They drive their cars/SUV everywhere, then get their spandex on and want everyone to bow down to their "space"... so they can get "fit"... wth?

A motorcycle lane-splitting is the solution, spandex-spazoids are a problem... but in the eye of the law it's the opposite...

So if your sitting idle in traffic and a bike were to pass you doing 10km/h through the traffic, you'd have the urge to open your door and injure the rider?

Depends how long i've been stuck in traffic. Especially parking lot traffic. I have the urge(after they have passed me, because to be honest, you never see them lanesplit until they are long past you), but i would never act on it. Something about killing another person, that i am against personally doing.

Depends how long i've been stuck in traffic. Especially parking lot traffic. I have the urge(after they have passed me, because to be honest, you never see them lanesplit until they are long past you), but i would never act on it. Something about killing another person, that i am against personally doing.

Wow, therapy might be a good option.

You admit that you're not flawless and those who don't obey the rules of the road deserve to get caught. Do you make a FULL stop at every right turn on red light, stop sign, drive speed limit all the time? No? So you deserve to get caught and pay the fines. "every time" in your own words.

You grouped yourself with "the other people", and don't realize you're also talking about yourself.

...I really wanna hear Bike Cop's view on this subject.

Last edited:
You admit that you're not flawless and those who don't obey the rules of the road deserve to get caught. Do you make a FULL stop at every right turn on red light, stop sign, drive speed limit all the time? No? So you deserve to get caught and pay the fines. "every time" in your own words.

You grouped yourself with "the other people", and don't realize you're also talking about yourself.

...I really wanna hear Bike Cop's view on this subject.

actually I do stop at every stop sign, red light. speed limit all the time, nope, i admit that. if i get caught and get fined, then fine.

Point is everyone get's road rage, and most people in cars get those thoughts, if you don't admit it. I don't care.

Nobody here is flawless, no matter what they say.

Wow, therapy might be a good option.
Seriously consider this.

Holla holla get dollas!

actually I do stop at every stop sign, red light. speed limit all the time, nope, i admit that. if i get caught and get fined, then fine.

Point is everyone get's road rage, and most people in cars get those thoughts, if you don't admit it. I don't care.

Nobody here is flawless, no matter what they say.

What is your definition of road rage? It seems like you're replacing the word frustration with road rage.

And basically what you're saying is that its okay if you don't get caught. Who are you to be policing others when you, yourself are disobeying the law?

This whole time your argument was that you hate seeing people pass you filtering/splitting and that it was illegal. HTA doesn't apply on private lots - so you lets strike out the argument of legality. (Unless you're referring to gridlock traffic as parking lot traffic)

This argument is about you having road rage because you see people passing you - Its no longer the legality of filtering.

Gotta agree with daisomans post earlier... roll a big fattie.... roll windows up... run the air and enjoy you will thank me for it and might even keep on driving past your destination cause you'll be having such an enjoyable commute. Sounds like you should move to Nunavut...short commute... no traffic...no bikes... just you the seals polar bears and gas sniffing eskies.

Give guy a break - he has a problem with douchebaggery, not simple infractions.

He doesn't like seeing others "take advantage" of law abiding society... It's not like he's running random people of the road... it is about the ones who jump the line.

Do you guys get the difference between being passed (as in someone passes you on the highway and carries on his marry way), and some clown passing 50 cars standing in the gridlock, then makes everyone wait even longer as he cuts back into line... It is the douchebaggery of anti-social behavior that gets to people, and honestly, we as a society should all feel the same way about it to some degree... Otherwise, we are reduced to the law of "fittest"/most brazen/sucker-punching back-stabbing survival. That is more fitting of lower primates, we should have evolved beyond that...

If anything, he's blunt in describing his sentiment (or exaggerated perhaps), but sentiment itself is 100% valid in my opinion...

Give guy a break - he has a problem with douchebaggery, not simple infractions.

He doesn't like seeing others "take advantage" of law abiding society... It's not like he's running random people of the road... it is about the ones who jump the line.

Do you guys get the difference between being passed (as in someone passes you on the highway and carries on his marry way), and some clown passing 50 cars standing in the gridlock, then makes everyone wait even longer as he cuts back into line... It is the douchebaggery of anti-social behavior that gets to people, and honestly, we as a society should all feel the same way about it to some degree... Otherwise, we are reduced to the law of "fittest"/most brazen/sucker-punching back-stabbing survival. That is more fitting of lower primates, we should have evolved beyond that...

If anything, he's blunt in describing his sentiment (or exaggerated perhaps), but sentiment itself is 100% valid in my opinion...

Is lane filtering not a simple infraction?

If being slowed down is the issue, I guess every person making an improper lane change or turn should be run off the road...

Most (if not all) of us admit that we most likely break the rules of the road one way or another - the fact that many drivers do act on Shane's thoughts (Not saying that you do) and turn out into motorcyclists when they see them filtering. Is that in any way logical? People are using the excuse that "It's illegal" to potentially harm you because they don't like seeing you pass. In the end, regardless of the outcome, what changes?

1. The motorcyclist evades and passes the car safely and goes on its merry way.
2. The motorcyclist gets hit, is injured, and creates a massive traffic jam.
3. They start exchanging words bitching each other out once again holding up traffic.

Back
Top Bottom