Norton boots at The Bay | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Norton boots at The Bay

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-sarcastic-or-just-stupid-d042b1.jpg

I just visited the downtown Bay store. They didn't have the 'Zip' boot. The 'Rise' boots (6" lace-up) are priced at $280. I didn't like the sole - not grippy-enough for my liking. You'd be better off buying Doc Martens - 6" lace/side-zip Docs are $160 at the same Bay store, and they have a grippier sole.

I just visited the downtown Bay store. They didn't have the 'Zip' boot. The 'Rise' boots (6" lace-up) are priced at $280. I didn't like the sole - not grippy-enough for my liking. You'd be better off buying Doc Martens - 6" lace/side-zip Docs are $160 at the same Bay store, and they have a grippier sole.

Doc Marten has just released some pricey Moto-boots, so there's no escaping the hipster effect. ~380 pounds sterling. First, they ruined beards, then everything else.

Sorry, link: http://www.visordown.com/product-features/dr-martens-launch-motorcycle-boots/25472.html

Last edited:

Thankyou you saved me a drive downtown to buy a pair of Zips tomorrow. If my air head Beemer ever starts again, they'd look the business.

Thankyou you saved me a drive downtown to buy a pair of Zips tomorrow. If my air head Beemer ever starts again, they'd look the business.

Even if it doesn't start you could create a pleasing photomontage with all that hardware.

Says "biker-style" right in the description. Probably well made boots but no extra protection for the ankles etc. If it's good leather they'll stand up to a slide but won't help prevent joint bends. As long as your informed before you decide what to wear to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The majority of motorcycle specific boots do very little as far as stopping your ankle from breaking. Go to a bike shop and try bending the boots sideways. The large majority of boots will give with zero resistance. The only real protection my BMW Allrounds have is a tiny bit of extra padding over the ankle bone and shin. Personally, I question if that will make a real difference in the event of something bad.

People have a fallacy that their moto specific boots are more protective than these "fashion" boots. Some bike boots are awesomely protective, most aren't though.

I think relying on any pair of boots to be extensively protective is a mistake. Good, thick leather boots will protect you from scrapes, but broken bones are another game altogether. I don't think its worth it to go overboard on fancy doo-dads that pretend to prevent disasters. I wear these traditional biker boots:

http://canadawestboots.com/2014bootpages/boots_5070.html

This is a Canadian boot manufacturer. One of the best in the business. I will buy Canadian before I buy anything else.

Last edited:
Clarks are wicked. These boots will look awesome the older they get. Plus thier soles last forever.

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

How are these for getting the toe under the shifter?

I wanted some motocross boots for Australia but could not get the toe under the KLR shifter.
There look to be a cross over boot between adventure style and motocross....might just be the ticket.
How heavy are they?
I assume they are waterproof - ideally Gortex??

Yep waterproof

This extremely durable boot is made with a full grain oiled leather. It features an injection molded front shin guard and three new alloy buckles, which are replaceable. It is also waterproof thanks to a breathable membrane liner we call “GAERNE DRYTECH”. A gum rubber sole completes the task for a great feel and control of the bike.

hmmm

Pulled the trigger on these after seeing some use on the VStrom forum. I was concerned about shifting. Looking forward to them.

Last edited:
these are the best boots I have ever owned/wore

http://www.feetessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/blundstone-gradys-slider.jpg

many different colors and styles and for under $200 well worth the money

Meh, used to be a big fan of Blundstones (stand all day working the machines) but newer ones seem less comfortable. The CSA safety versions are borderline satanic though. The soles might as well be concrete, even with expensive inserts and anti-fatigue mats; there's a nasty seam that digs into the top of your feet, getting worse as the day wears on. Two pieces of elastic fabric don't count as ankle protection.

Meh, used to be a big fan of Blundstones (stand all day working the machines) but newer ones seem less comfortable. The CSA safety versions are borderline satanic though. The soles might as well be concrete, even with expensive inserts and anti-fatigue mats; there's a nasty seam that digs into the top of your feet, getting worse as the day wears on. Two pieces of elastic fabric don't count as ankle protection.
I love my CSA ones. Really comfortable and so much lighter than other CSA boots.

I wouldn't wear them riding though either. They slip on, if you get hit and they are flying off. Same goes for the Clark/Norton ones. I guess it would be an upgrade in protection if you usually wear runners.

Probably a dead tie, since runners lace up! I've taken to commuting with my non-safety B's and jeans. They work fine as far as grip on damp/oily surfaces. No chance they won't fly off in an accident though. Unwise? No doubt, even with a shorter commute that rarely exceeds 50km/h. Still, I've been riding daily for four months solid, rain or shine and I love it.

Daytona_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom