Surprise on an On Ramp | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Surprise on an On Ramp

It didn't really phase me much at the time but now that I think about it I was very lucky. Wasn't even following that closely but you really don't have much time to react at 120km/h

A few years ago, inside lane of the 401 in heavy but moving traffic, a 2' long steel rod came off the underside of a transport truck trailer. The shoulder was blocked by a construction barrier. Fortunately it bounced the right way and I was able to swerve around it in my lane. If I was in my car, it would have probably gone through my rad as there was no room to swerve a car.

Btw, how long did it take to wash that skunk smell off your bike? Must have been a fun job!

Everything seems to smell of skunk around here these days between the roadkill and a tiny terrier who is too dumb to learn that the skunk living under our deck will always win in a pi$$ing contest. The only thing on my bike that gets cleaned is the chain and related parts, the windscreen, and the lights. Like the yellow stripe up my rad from riding over a freshly painted yellow line, the smell (which isn't too bad) will fade.

This week - I also may have been too close to the car ahead of me. All of a sudden two dead racoons! I just clipped the tail of one of em. Then backed off a bit. Later in the week - I was attacked by a plastic bag! lol dam thing landed on my pipes and all I could smell was the burning plastic. Had to clean that crap off after.

I was on the Gardiner a couple months ago just east of downtown and I saw what looked like a tire on the road up ahead. Lots of traffic and I saw it long before any of the cars around me did. I did my best to point it out but a car up ahead hit it and it was airborn! It turned out to be a nylon weave black pillow or something the size of an inflate garbage bag and it was coming directly into my lane in the air. I slowed and let it pass infront of me maybe 15 feet ahead and I zipped behind it.

Close one!

A few weeks ago I was traveling south on the DVP and I saw a big honking matress laying flat in the middle of the northbound lanes. That would ruin your day.

A few weeks ago I was traveling south on the DVP and I saw a big honking matress laying flat in the middle of the northbound lanes. That would ruin your day.[/QUOTE]

Soft landing though

A few years back I was following a big rig in the left lane of the collectors around Weston. Nothing came off the rig, But he was close enough to the jersey barrier that his wake blew one of those 4 ft. construction cones into the barrier. It then bounced off the barrier and planted itself in the right side tire track of the left lane. It happened so fast, I ended up clipping it with my right foot. Almost took me right off the bike. Managed to save it and keep going. It was a little hard to use the rear brake after that as it had been bent 90 degrees sideways from the impact!

Back
Top Bottom