Ducati Scrambler or BMW R9t | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Scrambler or BMW R9t

For free or hard earned wages?

Specs and Styling R9T.

I think the Ducati Scrambler prices are going to be more inline with the Triumph Retro lines. Prices for the Scrambler are under 10K in the US. I haven't read any sources for prices here in Canada yet.

price is a factor yes (else the bmw would win hands down)

is the r9t worth the 6000+ premium over the ducati?

Not in the value I place on my dollar units. Lottery winnings, yes. I would rather own and ride the BMW up until I find ownership becomes unduly burdensome. Altho I would imagine I could enjoy the Ducati quite nicely. A lighter free-er flowing muffler + tune, CR lo-bends, and a decent tankbag should keep me happy for quite some time. Would work at denuding it of some/most of the chrome foof on an as pleasure basis.

R9T ... is cool, but is really a 10K bike hiding in very expensive coat. It doesn't really have any premium components (except for the nice Alu tank), it's just R9T.

Scrambler on the other hand is not pretending to be anything expensive, it's just what one would expect from a minimalist Duc.

I personally would take the Duc, but it all depends what you like to ride. Quick trips with a couple hours in the seat max? Or rather longer rides .... one has larger tank and more power than the other, in case it matters to you.

If all of the above is not a factor, then you have to go with your eye.

There's something about riding a boxer and looking down at the motor. And the shaft drive.

both are overpriced, but at least the BMW will last you. Scramblers are a short-lived trend.

I would not go for the R9T, the new R1200R is a better bike.

both are overpriced, but at least the BMW will last you. Scramblers are a short-lived trend.

I would not go for the R9T, the new R1200R is a better bike.

the r1200r is better? don't they have the same motor? specs are similar..so it depends on looks? Or am I missing something here?

Say it ain't so Ray:sad5: A trend? Short lived? That's a proper motorbike made to look srcamlbed. It will function just fine for years to come.

Say it ain't so Ray:sad5: A trend? Short lived? That's a proper motorbike made to look srcamlbed. It will function just fine for years to come.

As soon as someone swaps out the knobbly tires. Scramblers are like Land Rovers -will never actually get dirty.

As soon as someone swaps out the knobbly tires. Scramblers are like Land Rovers -will never actually get dirty.

True. I'm the only Triumph Scrambler rider I know who regularly seeks out gravel roads and more. You win this one.

I read this: Ducati = USD $8,500
Four versions will be available when it goes on sale in March 2015: the standard Icon, throwback Classic, flat track racing-inspired Full Throttle and the rough and tumble Urban Enduro.

All models weigh about 375 pounds and feature a low seating position and Pirelli dual sport tires good for the street and light off roading.

The starting price is $8,495, which makes the Scrambler the lowest priced Ducati,

BMW MSRP: in Canada $16,200.00

I sat on the BMW (just sat, not ride). It was great. But just because of the price, I'd have to buy the Ducati.

So half the Ducati paid for by 2yrs. depreciation on the BMW. Check.

I read this: Ducati = USD $8,500

BMW MSRP: in Canada $16,200.00

I sat on the BMW (just sat, not ride). It was great. But just because of the price, I'd have to buy the Ducati.

I rode one at Mosport. Nice, but no where near $16 grand nice, and that number goes to $18-20K quickly with options. But the Ducati and the R9T are apples and oranges.

Claimed wet weight of the BMW is 489lbs. I realize I am comparing apples and watermelons here but even if the Duc spec is dry weight we are still looking at 100 lbs.

For the coin they want for the beemer,I would rather restore an old airhead to really good condition.REAL retro.And the scrambler is crap imho.

So please elaborate , the scrambler at 8,500k in four configurations, 800cc motor and utilitarian styled is crap? how so? The beemer is a bit spendy, but plaid shirted bearded "not Hipsters" will buy them up.

Back
Top Bottom