Selling a bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling a bike

Mukala

I am looking to sell my motorcycle.

What steps do I need to do to sell it. Do I certify it? Does the Buyer Certify? Can I sell the bike, and the buyer certify it?

Also, don't certify the bike until you have received a deposit as they only last about 30 days.

one thing the ministry wont tell you is that theres no blackbook/bluebook value on bikes so the buyer pays taxes on whatever you declare on the bill of sale.
You will encounter people who will ask you to write a lower amount on the bill of sale even though he's paying you a higher price. This is to avoid paying higher taxes.

one thing the ministry wont tell you is that theres no blackbook/bluebook value on bikes so the buyer pays taxes on whatever you declare on the bill of sale.
You will encounter people who will ask you to write a lower amount on the bill of sale even though he's paying you a higher price. This is to avoid paying higher taxes.

..which means you accept a bank draft for the lower, stated amount and take the rest in cash. At some point, the MTO is going to start investigating this fraud, so cash is king.

Technically it's a reverse fraud as that bike has already been taxed. It is now a preowned item so the tax is the fraud.

..which means you accept a bank draft for the lower, stated amount and take the rest in cash. At some point, the MTO is going to start investigating this fraud, so cash is king.
You watch too much TV if you think a government ministry is going to investigate every used motorcycle sale in the province.

You watch too much TV if you think a government ministry is going to investigate every used motorcycle sale in the province.

You would be a complete idiot to leave a paper trail. Like doing 200 on the 401 and posting to YouTube.

You would be a complete idiot to leave a paper trail. Like doing 200 on the 401 and posting to YouTube.
You're confusing police work with the work of government bureaucrats. One profession is measured by convictions/crime rates the other is only concerned with their next union mandated break.

Back
Top Bottom