Constructive afternoon | GTAMotorcycle.com

Constructive afternoon

Schneller

Site Supporter
Had a great time this afternoon building a bench/low table to set a motorcycle on, out of recycled 2x6 lumber. Ill roll the bike up a ramp and set it on its center stand. It's 21 inches high, 8 feet long, and 2 feet wide.

I'd love to have a commercial metal bike lift table, but this cost me nothing.

Last edited:
Where are the pictures?!

I like your numbers, especially the 2 feet. That's a good wide. What about the pictures? Any other details? Glue? Screw? You going to paint it? You can get unwanted tints at most paint stores. I've seen them at Color Your World for sure. I have a bike lift. It's not the expensive commercial one but it's not the hokey DIY wooden one either. It's a middle of the road Chinese one from PA. It came painted. Ok, that's it for now.

edit: oh, congratulations

Last edited:
Wood screws, no paint. Okay, pics tomorrow.

No glue? Is it rickety? Did you grade the floor or make the legs all different lengths?

edit, again congrats

Last edited:
Lots of 4 inch deck screws. Pretty solid. You'll see.

Always liked this one..
boxb.jpg

I've built bed platforms like that. Today, I did not have much spare plywood.

I mentioned elsewhere that I wasn't happy with the work platform I built on that day. It was too big and heavy for my limited garage space. So I unscrewed it all (another advantage over nails), cut down some of the lengths, and built this bench instead. Rough and primitive building like this is a lot of fun, when the weather isn't suitable for riding.

6a93349e414ef31ecc8b4eb5098bc78b.jpg

Also today, I accessed the belts on my snowblower and pulled out the badly worn one for the auger. Ill be ready for winter. Do you guys prefer single or 2 stage snow blowers? ;)

Last edited:

This bench has the comfortably distressed look of a pair of well worn Hi Point vintage MX boots. Only thing missing, and I'm quibbling, is the metal plate.

A couple of years ago, I built this outdoor work table, and sold it on kijiji. Reclaimed lumber from a neighbour's taken down fence. Maybe a retirement job for me.

d7596767.jpg

May be.

Back
Top Bottom