200+ km/h on ramp, 410 and mayfield | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

200+ km/h on ramp, 410 and mayfield

That ramp isn't really a ramp. Oddly enough there are at least two of us, on this board, who were present when an OPP officer estimated the speed of a group of motorcycles, by sound, and got it right within 5 Kmh.

Guessing speed by sound is not also accurate enough maybe he was lucky. What if somebody has a voodoo straight pipe and someone has a oem muffler someone can go twice as fast and sound quiter just saying. I've gone flying by cops with a stock muffler and they are too busy reading the paper or munching donuts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If that's the section of highway I'm thinking of, it's difficult NOT to go between 150 and 200. Once you hit that curve (before the ramp) the highway is smooth, wide and empty.

That ramp isn't really a ramp. Oddly enough there are at least two of us, on this board, who were present when an OPP officer estimated the speed of a group of motorcycles, by sound, and got it right within 5 Kmh.

Good skill, but won't hold up in court.

Good skill, but won't hold up in court.

Nope. In fact he wrote tickets, but they never seemed to have been filed. Obviously he knew that it would never stand up to legal scrutiny.

These days he'd HTA 172 the lot and call a flatbed.

Guessing speed by sound is not also accurate enough maybe he was lucky. What if somebody has a voodoo straight pipe and someone has a oem muffler someone can go twice as fast and sound quiter just saying. I've gone flying by cops with a stock muffler and they are too busy reading the paper or munching donuts.

He called an odd number; 170 Kmh. He was just slightly low. Odds of hitting that particular number, off the cuff, are pretty low. My guess was that he somehow managed it by Doppler Effect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Lol. This is exactly why I run a quiet exhaust with a baffle. Attracts zero attention.

If that's the section of highway I'm thinking of, it's difficult NOT to go between 150 and 200. Once you hit that curve (before the ramp) the highway is smooth, wide and empty.

I know, that must be the section that has that mysterious lateral gravitational pull that makes it difficult to keep the bikes speed below 150. It's unfair for the OPP to set up speed traps there and nab unsuspecting motorists caught in the gravitational vortex.

Seriously, if you don't have the maturity to resist the temptation to exceed the speed limit by 60 and 110 kmh you shouldn't be riding.

Seriously, if you don't have the maturity to resist the temptation to exceed the speed limit by 60 and 110 kmh you shouldn't be riding.

...on public roads, but if one does not want to get insurance and go as fast as they want, there are a bunch of tracks to do this. Call me crazy, but the MTO should build some tracks around the GTA. However, retard hooligans seem to avoid tracks.

...on public roads, but if one does not want to get insurance and go as fast as they want, there are a bunch of tracks to do this. Call me crazy, but the MTO should build some tracks around the GTA. However, retard hooligans seem to avoid tracks.

Good idea, but unfortunately this is predefined for a failure. What's the point of going fast if there is no one to impress??

Good idea, but unfortunately this is predefined for a failure. What's the point of going fast if there is no one to impress??

people will actually have to buy parts that make them go faster....

You are correct. Perhaps do this at the same time as holding a Timmies, that might impress somebody. Lol.

Perhaps the track could be disguised as a suburban subdivision with a fake facade Timmies, and female government workers can walk around and feign being impressed.
Add YouTube upload stations to reveal mad skillz.

Heard this on 680 this morning.
I wonder what his lawyer's defence will be... hmm...

If I've learned anything over the past few days (Luka Magnotta), I can probably get away with anything as long as I immediately get butt nekkid, start fapping, and howling at the moon as the cops ready their tazers to bring me down.

"it was my inner devil that made me do it"

I always dreamed of something like this.

...Pearson airport/MTP/OPP to hold drag races safely on locked down runways or any long strip of road around GTA...

...Tracks around the GTA...

But that ain't gonna happen.

You're crazy. They tried that back in the 1950's SoCal. "Get the kids and their blasted hotrods of the streets they cried". All it did was turn kids into hippies.

He was taking a witness statement at a house just off the road but up a steep incline. Could have knocked me over with a feather when he told us he measured our speed by sound. He was also literally frothing at the mouth mad. I think he calmed down enough to not file the tickets. Would have been much uglier under the current 172 laws...

Nope. In fact he wrote tickets, but they never seemed to have been filed. Obviously he knew that it would never stand up to legal scrutiny.

These days he'd HTA 172 the lot and call a flatbed.

He called an odd number; 170 Kmh. He was just slightly low. Odds of hitting that particular number, off the cuff, are pretty low. My guess was that he somehow managed it by Doppler Effect.

He was taking a witness statement at a house just off the road but up a steep incline. Could have knocked me over with a feather when he told us he measured our speed by sound. He was also literally frothing at the mouth mad. I think he calmed down enough to not file the tickets. Would have been much uglier under the current 172 laws...

I was saved by the fact that I noticed his light bar moving behind the trees, even though he hadn't activated it. No idea how I managed that.

The fella that got caught is a resident of the area and should know better. So they deserve what ever comes their way. And I don't think any kind of track program would prevent this kind of stupid.

Likely won't prevent them from doing it again either but, I don't see them having a high paying career where a license is import to their employment. Meh, it's just one of those cases.

Conflicted. Pin it in the middle of the night should ruin your life? There's got to be a better way.

Dang.. I'm going to keep my stealth pipes for sure...

Back
Top Bottom