200+ km/h on ramp, 410 and mayfield | GTAMotorcycle.com

200+ km/h on ramp, 410 and mayfield

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
No license, no insurance, racing and evading. I'm surprised they didn't add dangerous driving just because he ****** them off. 200 on a ramp is starting to get pretty quick. Looks like one rider got away(for now).

The cops estimated their speed? I guess for street racing they are using "marked departure" and don't need an actual speed.

From Northumberland news. Com
A 26-year-old Brampton man is facing a number of charges after Caledon OPP said they saw two motorcycles exceeding 200 km/h on the Highway 410 north ramp.
On Sept. 26 at 2:58 am, the officers were conducting stationary traffic enforcement on the Highway 410 north ramp from Mayfield Road where they saw two motorcycle riders and estimated the vehicles exceeding 200 km/hr in a posted 90 km/hr zone.
The officers followed at a safe distance and observed as one of the operators, with the intent to evade police, entered into a Brampton backyard to conceal the motorcycle from police, OPP said in a press release.
Richard Gray, 26, from Brampton, was charged with race a motor vehicle, no permit and improper class of licence, and operate motor vehicle with no insurance under the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act.
The vehicle was impounded for seven days and his driver’s licence was seized. The driver is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Caledon at a later date.

and since he's pretty much non insurable now, he'll have another bike, no license and no insurance and be back on the road. This has gone on for decades and probably wont go away soon, until this becomes jail time. Only problem with that, since if they have an uninsured accident WE pay for it, if they get jail time WE pay for that. I don't know what the solution is .

Ok so what about the:

No permit;
Improper class of licence;
NO insurance.

Who cares if he was going anywhere near that speed, (on a public road), as we have seen here, (from some members of GTAM), 150 - 200 km "isn't that fast" and he should have NEVER even been followed or stopped. He has a sport bike and they SHOULD be permitted to ride as fast as they want to hell with every other road user. God forbid he had hit someone at that speed it would have been the other road users fault.

Estimated the speed

exactly, i'm no judge of speed but if the officers guesstimate is 200? then 150-120 would still get the rider followed . Seems this fellow had some other issues.

clean the boy's pocket out.

I am outraged. Both by the action and by the responses to it and of course the responses to that. No actual death, only potential for death so 10 pages plus 2 pages Brampton adjustment.

Idiots.

Heard this on 680 this morning.
I wonder what his lawyer's defence will be... hmm...

The cops tailed them from a safe distance with the bikes going 200?? that is insane lol at a regular highway speed those bikes would be gone in seconds.

i don't know how good you guys are at leaning, but 200 on a ramp sounds pretty ridiculous to me! That is some skill especially in this cold damp weather! I don't think I could get close to that at any track in Ontario in a turn.

If an uninsured rider hits a pedestrian, who pays for their hospital bills? Out of pocket? but clearly nobody can afford to pay for someone else's long term care if they can't afford insurance in the first place. Does the victim's insurance cover too? but then why do I always hear about the uninsured culprit getting sued?

The caledon opp have super powers. The riders are idiots but I love that the cop or cops "estimate" they were going over 200.

As for his penalties... nail him to the wall but he'll just get another bike and be back at it again with no insurance since he won't be able to get any.

Ok so what about the:

No permit;
Improper class of licence;
NO insurance.

Who cares if he was going anywhere near that speed, (on a public road), as we have seen here, (from some members of GTAM), 150 - 200 km "isn't that fast" and he should have NEVER even been followed or stopped. He has a sport bike and they SHOULD be permitted to ride as fast as they want to hell with every other road user. God forbid he had hit someone at that speed it would have been the other road users fault.

Bust them for all that for sure. Calm down.

Sept. 26 at 2:58 am....... 200ish on a ramp....

Somewhere there are a couple of villages missing their idiots.

Those are some awesome stickers.

Or do you think it was the pipes that made those cops estimate just how fast those bikes were going?

The mayfield ramp is a long and straight ramp no curve at all. So 200kmph isn`t a problem. The limit drops from 90 kmph to 70 kmph I think.

I think its funny how some of you get SOOO upset, and almost take this as a personal-blow. You act like these guys did this to personally offend you, and it was your children who "almost got hit". YES these guys are idiots, and YES they broke the law. This is nothing new. Its human nature to make mistakes and to be punished. We all pay taxes to support these police services and hospital fee's (there wasn't any mind you), and its safe to say these guys will very likely not see the road again anytime soon (or at least will be far harder for them). If they DO drive again, then it WILL be jail time and even though it is "us" who pay for that, I assure you these men likely pay taxes as well and "who pays for their jail time", will not be the deterrent they need. They did something HORRIBLY foolish, but I very much bet few of us on here can say we've never broken the law, or have had a serious lapse in judgement in our lives. They made a mistake.........they WILL pay for it..........nobody was hurt.

Probably on their way to the forks .. Lol

That curve is Not tight and the 90km limit Is hard to keep under as the road is well graded,smooth and open.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom