Cross country with the kid June 2015 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cross country with the kid June 2015

I don't like the design of that particular throttle lock.

Vista is far more elegant and very inexpensive - simple on and off with your thumb...I set mine so it still can be opened and closed but stays set.

VC-07-4046_300.jpg

$30 or so.

Cruise control would definitely be nice. I wonder why more manufactures don't add it on. KTM doesn't even have it on their 1190..... Need to get that 1290 Super Adventure

Trying to find a cruise control that works with Handguards + Oxford Heated Grips + Vibranators (anti-vibration inserts) ... Haaa Ha.

I should try that Go Cruise thing.

I have used an o-ring before. One that fits snugly between the end of the grip and the bar end. Just enough friction, and just roll onto the grip to relieve friction.

I will have to look into this one.. It look's like it should fit.

I don't like the design of that particular throttle lock.

Vista is far more elegant and very inexpensive - simple on and off with your thumb...I set mine so it still can be opened and closed but stays set.

VC-07-4046_300.jpg

$30 or so.

The trick is to get enough space for it ...the blade is very thin tho.
i've seen some poor installations....done correctly the off and on is really nice. My ST1100 was excellent.

I think the thumb activator is too high in that photo

This is where I think it should be.
30759.jpg

1895_1a.jpg

DO your research as there are various models.

Looks like it fits

$(KGrHqNHJCEE+UR8SsyNBQUOFL1Zyg~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-690-990-Duke-Superduke-Cruise-Control-Throttle-Lock-/381032568370

and that's perfect positioning.

I noticed one of the comments on the Go Cruise is that if you try and move it while set it has to be reset then.
Not on for me.

I've had mine for a couple weeks. Some observations: works as advertised, holds throttle once set, does not make for easy adjustments you can roll off slightly but to increase throttle you must reset, unlike a proper throttle lock where once holding friction is set you can roll on or off to set precise speed. But, for the price and ease of installation well worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Vista Cruise fits. My cockpit is getting slightly cramped :p

Xhf2KmI.jpg

The trick is to get enough space for it ...the blade is very thin tho.
i've seen some poor installations....done correctly the off and on is really nice. My ST1100 was excellent.

It would be just about the second thing I'd add if you are doing distance ( Windscreen first )

I just put on that windscreen tonight! :)

Although I think a windscreen extension might be in order (if the windscreen I Just put on doesn't help much)

Sorry, I should probably post this stuff in another thread.

01-048-5350-0_i_02.jpg

Nah it's alright for now. I'm going to be setting up a new thread for specific routes in BC/ALberta and south

I road a 650 BMW with the "lip" on it....worked reasonably well.
But if you want...ask Paul to move the last few posts. Your call.

You got loads of space for the Vista in that gap.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom