Time to introduce myself | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to introduce myself

Supernam

My name is Nam and I started riding last summer. I have been lurking on this forum every since and have found a lot of great advice/info here.

The story is I bought a 2012 Honda Shadow Phantom as my first bike and rode the thing to Cabot Trail 2up with my wife, camping along the way for 3 weeks.

Then my wife decides she wants to start riding so we buy a 2013 Spyder ST Limited for now until she gets the hang of not having the safety net of a cage, we rode that thing 2up across the USA as far as Las Vegas while visiting as many national parks as we can on the way for 6 weeks.

After I get back I decide to trade the Phantom in and got a 2013 Honda CB500X which I love and plan on putting some dual sport tires for future adventures.

All of this was inspired by reading about Gene(Lightcycle) and Neda's blog. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...old-our-home-and-everything-in-it-gone-riding

We also bought a new 2014 CBR 125 with the discounted prices for my wife to learn to ride 2 wheels later on when she gets more comfortable.

I have a questions for you guys. I now have track gear and plan on starting next season and I know a lot of you say a CBR 125 is not enough for the track, would my CB500X be better until a purchase a SS track bike when I'm more experienced?

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

CBR 125 is a great tool to learn as well as a 250.

Maybe take a course with some of the schools (they provide the bike) and after that experience you will be more equipped to make a decision

CBR 125 is a great tool to learn as well as a 250.

Maybe take a course with some of the schools (they provide the bike) and after that experience you will be more equipped to make a decision

Thanks for the advice, I'm currently researching the different schools now to see which course I want to take.

Thank you to everyone else for the welcomes.

Back
Top Bottom