trying something new re lapping days Sat Oct 11th and 19th | GTAMotorcycle.com

trying something new re lapping days Sat Oct 11th and 19th

PLS

At GBM we are considering trying something a little different - making Saturday Oct 11th and Sat Oct 19th two 1/2 day lapping programs. Bikes from 9:45/10am to 1:45/2pm and Cars from 2:15/2;30pm to 6:15/6:30pm. Since we don't expect large numbers on either side at this time of year, we thought doing a combined day makes it more feasible. We are looking to put the bikes in the morning because we know many of you don't really want to follow the cars re fluid leaks etc. so you get a clean fresh track and we are starting and hour later so hopefully the temperature is warmer therefore better track grip.
Cost is $60 plus hst. Thoughts ?

I think is a good idea, If I was anywhere closer to the track I know I would for sure take advantage of it. I find that at track days I normally never do the first and last sessions anyways so this is perfect.

Unfortunately I am 3 hrs away so it makes it not worth it for me to come out there for 1 track day, even if it was a full day.

Sessions should probably be 15 min to ensure people get as many as possible. Excellent price point.

These are my thoughts, good on you for trying.

This sounds like a great plan to me also. If something like this happens next year (haven't fixed my bike yet) I would be in for it.

At GBM we are considering trying something a little different - making Saturday Oct 11th and Sat Oct 19th two 1/2 day lapping programs.

I got stuck on how both the 11th and 19th can be Saturday.

It sounds good as an idea to try and get more people out with cars and bikes but one thing that I think would be a downfall would be you wont get any riders that live a little farther away to come out as they would not want to drive for x hours for a half trackday. It sounds good for the local guys but not so good for farther away guys.

Good thinking to try and offer something still though.

I got stuck on how both the 11th and 19th can be Saturday.
Well if they are each half days than that makes it an 8 day week...no?

You got me - 11th and 18th. We're going to give it try - nothing ventured nothing gained ! (it is definitely not as beneficial the farther away you live but should work for the guys/gals who are closer)

one thing i dont like is the track surface is gona be slick and cold in morning might be a better idea to have bikes run later in the day. and let the cars deal with the drifting. end up with less chance of bike crashes this way.

one thing i dont like is the track surface is gona be slick and cold in morning might be a better idea to have bikes run later in the day. and let the cars deal with the drifting. end up with less chance of bike crashes this way.
Ditto

Bad idea, I prefer a cold track than an oily track or a track full of debris because the cars tend to go off corners and come back

I can't see many people packing up, hauling, unloading, setting up, packing back up, hauling, unloading...all for a few hours track time. Especially in October. Just my two cents

I can't see many people packing up, hauling, unloading, setting up, packing back up, hauling, unloading...all for a few hours track time. Especially in October. Just my two cents

True, but that's the point. Even fewer people with do all that and pay full price for a day where it isn't warm enough to ride fast until noon. Either way, $ per good hours would be the same by my noon argument.

We will come. A quick sweep at lunch after cars then bikes in the afternoon sounds better to me. Cold track in the am hurts us bikes alot more than cars.....most cars I see at trackdays are pretty nice Porsches etc.....never see leaky rustbuckets there.

We will come. A quick sweep at lunch after cars then bikes in the afternoon sounds better to me. Cold track in the am hurts us bikes alot more than cars.....most cars I see at trackdays are pretty nice Porsches etc.....never see leaky rustbuckets there.

I agree, the cars should go out first, let the track warm up for the bikes after lunch. The cars at trackdays are pretty nice cars, not really dropping fluids all over the track...and if they brought some dirt onto the track after dropping wheels off the edge, GBM has the equipment to give it a quick clean up during lunch.

I am trying to decide between do the full day at Cayuga or going to the half day at GBM. Maybe I will do the Saturday at GBM and the Sunday at Cayuga. Can we just show up at GBM on Saturday and pay the $60?

Well I have learned my lesson, don't just take your chances and show up at GBM. The day was cancelled today. If anyone is planning on going next Saturday I suggest you preregister or confirm on Friday before going. At least I live close lol!

too effen cold for track days for me

for the packing, gas, setup/teardown, too short for me. One day cars, one day bikes, at a slightly discounted rate. Or run an hour shorter 10-5, but unlike TMP, price accordingly. Done for this year, 15C is my line, mostly for tire heat

is it just me or is TMP for this time of year overpriced? Should be $100 and give more of an incentive to get more guys out there. Thats great GBM let everyone know they cancelled....ive been down that road...red dawn style!!

Back
Top Bottom