new around here | GTAMotorcycle.com

new around here

Hi Everybody.

First things first, about the bike.....So I picked up a 2008 Ninja 250R last week that was dropped before. Only needs a few things before I take it in for a cert. Battery, turn signal and side stand switch. The plastics are cracked with some rash but I'm going to leave those for now. The main drop (I think there was a few) happened two years ago, so I need to clean the carb's as it has a little bit of a bog once the rev's start going up. Another then that it should be good to go.

This is my 5th streetbike in the last year, but really the first one....I picked up a couple Yamaha YSR50 parts bikes last winter to get back into fixing/rebuilding. I have always wanted one and wanted to start off with something really simple. Sold one (more of a track bike) a couple months ago and now looking to sell the another one. This one is almost complete, only missing the helmet lock and tool kit now. Then in the past month I have flipped (buy/sell, not wrecked) two other bikes before getting the 08 red 250r.

Then there's me....New to streetbikes as I just got my licence in the spring. I took the M1 Exit Course at Durham to help find all the bad habits I have from my dirtbikes and 4 wheelers growing up.

I guess that's about it.

welcome

Welcome.
Were there lots?

The three I have are fingers on the levers, wrists high and using to much rear brake (over the front). I'm good with the wrists low now, still working on the other two.

Here are some pictures of the 250R...

Last edited:
Thanks, I think the pictures make the fairings look in better shape then they are :p

Picked up some of the cheaper frame sliders last night and installed the brackets. I may as well change the plugs in the mean time until the replacement front signals come in before I can put the fairings on to finish putting on the sliders in place and store it for winter.

Back
Top Bottom