Show off your Race/Track photos! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Show off your Race/Track photos!

A few from round 4

HgHxw3W.jpg

ROhtAQE.jpg

Just remember that practicing on the same track is great to get your times down but you also need to do other tracks to get faster.... You should do Mosport and Calabogy as often as possible and forget about TMP and RC, I will even suggest do 1 round of SOAR so you can mix it up with a lot more riders and gain some experience, Rookie at SOAR regularly has 12+ riders, I think you guys only had 4 yesterday.
Thanks. I will do my best to try different tracks. I've taken too much time off work the last few weeks that I'm starting to fall behind. Have to compromise on something but I'll try.

I think Mina has the right idea.
Shannonville is one track that has a bunch of elements that create fast riders and great racers. Slow, fast, cambered corners, and, yes even bumps. Once someone can push the fear aside and challenge these elements as fast as they know possible, then they can become a fast rider or racer, not only there but anywhere else they go to. I speak on behalf of myself and many other racers who have been doing this for over 20 years.

For someone looking to get into racing I don't see track days at Mosport or Calabogie as contributing much if anything to riding a motorcycle fast on a smaller circuit like SMP or GB. In my opinion all it does is burn time and money and wear out equipment.

I need a lot of practice at SMP so if I'm going to take time off work, it has to count for something. Have fun!

From my own experience all I can say is that a lot about riding fast is confidence and mental ability. Once you are able to ride at high speeds through a course like Mosport and carry speed through fast corners like Calabogy, your ability and confidence increases even if the experience doesn't directly translate into taking the hair pin at Shannonville.

I have seen many fast riders at GB that have basically spent most of their riding time there and go to Mosport or even Shannonville and lap significantly slower than other riders that regularly alternate tracks.

Of course the number one way to get better lap times is seat time at a specific track but to take the next step you need to get out of a parking lot type of track.
Shannonville is one track that has a bunch of elements that create fast riders and great racers. Slow, fast, cambered corners, and, yes even bumps. Once someone can push the fear aside and challenge these elements as fast as they know possible, then they can become a fast rider or racer, not only there but anywhere else they go to. I speak on behalf of myself and many other racers who have been doing this for over 20 years.

For someone looking to get into racing I don't see track days at Mosport or Calabogie as contributing much if anything to riding a motorcycle fast on a smaller circuit like SMP or GB. In my opinion all it does is burn time and money and wear out equipment.

I think Mosport works very well to change your mind's comprehension of speed, and allow you to ease your composure when you're racing on the smaller tracks. Other than that... body position? More riding doesn't hurt but there is certainly a big difference in the amount of work done in an 8-10 lap race. I commented to Larry Tate on the way off the podium that I wanted to sleep for a week, lol

ZX600 echoed my comments more fluently just as I was posting this, I see... :)

Last edited:

^This. 99% of my track experience is at Shannonville. If you can go fast there you can go fast anywhere. Shannonville is not a parking lot track, you need to carry corner speed.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the tips. I've done 9 (fabi, Nelson, full and pro) smp track days between last and this year. Never done Mosport except the DDT. Like to check it out. I saw the layout of mosport and does not appear as technical as smp but I know it will be much faster.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that after you rode the nationals this year at Bogy, Quebec, the 2 tracks out west, you are not any faster than if you had just ran all Nationals at Shannonville?

Those experiences will not in any way help you become a faster rider at Shannonville?

^This. 99% of my track experience is at Shannonville. If you can go fast there you can go fast anywhere. Shannonville is not a parking lot track, you need to carry corner speed.

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that after you rode the nationals this year at Bogy, Quebec, the 2 tracks out west, you are not any faster than if you had just ran all Nationals at Shannonville?

Those experiences will not in any way help you become a faster rider at Shannonville?

I guess we'll see when I come back to Shannonville/Mosport as those are the only tracks that I have ridden before to gauge my speed and mosport I have a race weekend and one track day experience so I should be a able to drop time anyway. I wouldn't be running the pace I am without having learned at Shannonville is more of what I was getting at.

I guess we'll see when I come back to Shannonville/Mosport as those are the only tracks that I have ridden before to gauge my speed and mosport I have a race weekend and one track day experience so I should be a able to drop time anyway. I wouldn't be running the pace I am without having learned at Shannonville is more of what I was getting at.
We agree on that point

Actually been able to practice trailbraking at Mosport today with the high corner speeds. Should translate well when I go back to SMP (my main track). I'd say being good at both high speed and lets say, more technical tracks, are having a solid base platform to build on.

Back
Top Bottom