New member from Bracebridge, ON., Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member from Bracebridge, ON., Canada

I just purchased a 2013 Honda Goldwing F6B and will be touring most of North America over the coming years. I'm retired at age 67 and single so I have nothing but time to see the world.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome. What does the Islander stand for?

Welcome. What does the Islander stand for?
I live on a small island in the Muskoka River. I own the island which has a bridge to the mainland. It's just 10 minutes outside Bracebridge so I have the best of both worlds, isolation and convenience.

I just purchased a 2013 Honda Goldwing F6B and will be touring most of North America over the coming years. I'm retired at age 67 and single so I have nothing but time to see the world.

Welcome & congrats!
A lot of married guys envy you now.

Welcome & congrats!
A lot of married guys envy you now.

.. only about the retired part ;-)

OP, welcome, you have some nice roads up your way, enjoy!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I've been on a few forums in the past, HD forums, Kawasaki Versys forum etc. and never did the new member welcome thing. I retired in 2005 at only 58 but after a few years my friends talked me into getting another road bike. Since then I've had a 2009 Versys, 2004 HD Low Rider, HD Street Glide and now a 2013 Honda F6B. For the past three years I've taken a month or two and gone off touring Canada and the US and my plan is to continue doing this until I can't handle a big bike.

A couple weeks ago I went for a ride up Bobcaygeon way and ran into a dude with the same Honda, also new. Very nice bike! That was in the morning and after riding all day I passed him again on my way home!

Touring. I wish I had more time and money for it. :)

Whereabouts did you go?

Hi Rotten, you could check out my blog:
monetbridge.blogspot.ca

Otherwise I could just tell you. I had a green 2009 Versys I rode out to Vancouver Island going across the northern States. From there I rode down the west coast to LA, then around the Gulf of Mexico to Florida and then back up the east coast crossing at Niagara and then up to Muskoka. I rode alone and camped, stayed with friends/relatives and the odd motel. I left mid August 2012 and got back mid October a week before hurricane Sandy slammed the east coast. I just sold the bike a couple of months ago.

Rotten, I'm going to try to give you a link to the blog. http://monetbridge.blogspot.ca/ This covers two trips, one in 2013 to Newfoundland on the 2004 HD Street Glide and the other down old Route 66 to LA, up the west coast and back across Canada in 2014 on my 2009 HD Street Glide. Both times I was pulling an Aspen Classic camper trailer. No more tents or motels for me.
Also here is a link to Photoshop that shows some shots of my 09 Versys. http://s628.photobucket.com/user/IS...TION OF MY RIDE/IMG_1425.jpg.html?sort=2&o=16

I hope these work. Do I need to be a site supporter to post pictures from my computer?

Back
Top Bottom