Custom Fabrication of bolt | GTAMotorcycle.com

Custom Fabrication of bolt

topendz

Site Supporter
Firstly apologies to admin if this isn't in the correct place. I need a ride height rod bolt fabricated asap and I live in the Scarborough area. I don't believe this is something I can find off the shelf. Anyone who can recommend somewhere. I'd like a fast turn around. Please feel free to email me @ simon.evans@rbc.com

Attachments

• failedbolt.jpg
    failedbolt.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 153
Maybe it's something exotic like metric. And the pitch, what about the pitch? The diameter must also be taken into account. See metric.

I was making jokes because it looks like nut and bolt. Lowes has ok selection of metric and I've had ok luck with Brafasco.

Brafasco is the best, I just hate their hours. Mon to Fri. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m, no weekends.

Try the Scarborough location - 50 Milner Ave.
Scarborough, Ontario. M1S 3P8
T 416.298.0095
F 416.298.2546

I find it depends on the counter person and your approach. They will sell small quantity but are mainly industrial. It really helps to know all the specs.

Sure looks like the end that failed is a left hand thread which would make sense. Good luck with that at a store. You need to order one or find a machine shop that will make one.

You know this guy?

He does a 5 minute left handed bolt. That's all you need to know. Like my dog, give him a kick, he'll make a bolt for the door.

Would it really take all that long to order from the manufacturer?

I used to say I'd never buy parts from the manufacturer but I found quite a few dealerships will bring in a part in 2-3 days (and you're not getting same day fabrication) and are sometimes even reasonably priced (especially if you add in shipping for parts you'd be buying online otherwise).

Doesn't mean I always go to the dealership, but I do call and ask to check. Unless maybe this is off an old bike? But then you might be able to find someone with a parts bike.

It just seems like having anything fabricated will be much more expensive then just ordering the actual intended replacement part.

He does a 5 minute left handed bolt. That's all you need to know. Like my dog, give him a kick, he'll make a bolt for the door.

same thing as a Right.. i would have done it for free to, but he already purchased one somewhere.

same thing as a Right.. i would have done it for free to, but he already purchased one somewhere.
You work for free?

Heads up, RockerGuy's in the house.

Back
Top Bottom