Motogadget instruments | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motogadget instruments

Great instruments. I have a Motogadgets Classic speedo on my BMW and it is kick***. Good instrument build quality, and excellent vendor aftermarket support. They are pricey but worth the money compared to Ebay junk. See the blog in the signature below if you want to read about the Motogadgets I use. If I was to criticize anything, I would say they need to improve the crimping of connectors on the ends of the wires. I had a couple wires pull out of their connectors. I solved that by soldering every connector. What information are you exactly after, since your question is rather vague.

Great instruments. I have a Motogadgets Classic speedo on my BMW and it is kick***. Good instrument build quality, and excellent vendor aftermarket support. They are pricey but worth the money compared to Ebay junk. See the blog in the signature below if you want to read about the Motogadgets I use. If I was to criticize anything, I would say they need to improve the crimping of connectors on the ends of the wires. I had a couple wires pull out of their connectors. I solved that by soldering every connector. What information are you exactly after, since your question is rather vague.

Thanks Robert.

I'm considering getting a Chronoclassic speedo (and maybe the M-unit) for my Bonneville but am not mechanically or electrically inclined. I'd ideally like to have it installed by someone who knows what they're doing but wasn't sure which shops/mechanics were familiar with the products.

I'm gonna take a look at your blog right now.

The M-unit simplifies wiring by replacing the OEM wiring harness with a single control box. All the wiring becomes "spoke and hub" type, very simple. The Chronoclassic is complementary to the M-unit. The heart of the Chronoclassic and Classic are the same and the information on my blog is directly applicable to your Bonneville build. The job requires planning on your part; it's going to be expensive if you get a mechanic to plan and execute the wiring for you. You're searching for a fabricator and these days, they don't come cheap. If you want to bounce some ideas off me, I'm willing to share my experience with my bike build.

Last edited:
The M-unit simplifies wiring by replacing the OEM wiring harness with a single control box. All the wiring becomes "spoke and hub" type, very simple. The Chronoclassic is complementary to the M-unit. The heart of the Chronoclassic and Classic are the same and the information on my blog is directly applicable to your Bonneville build. The job requires planning on your part; it's going to be expensive if you get a mechanic to plan and execute the wiring for you. You're searching for a fabricator and these days, they don't come cheap. If you want to bounce some ideas off me, I'm willing to share my experience with my bike build.

Thanks Rob - I'm still at the very preliminary stages now but I'll definitely hit you up if I do decide to go down this path.

Back
Top Bottom