2014_09_27 goodwood and Lakeridge rip | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014_09_27 goodwood and Lakeridge rip

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Condolences to friends and family.

From CityNews. Ca
A Toronto woman, 55, has died after her motorcycle was struck by an oncoming SUV while she was riding in Uxbridge on Saturday afternoon.

The woman was driving eastbound on Goodwood Road approaching Lakeridge Road when she was struck by the westbound SUV, which had crossed the centre line.

It happened around 12:30 p.m.

She was thrown from the motorcycle and struck by the SUV. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

Police have not identified the woman.

There is no word on charges for the driver of the SUV, a 74-year-old man from Toronto.

RIP rider. I took the northern route to the cottage yesterday or I would have been there about that time.

RIP
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

RIP.

Just back from a ride that scared the **** out of me and which could have ended like this sad story. I was riding along a country road at ~90kph when I found myself suddenly confronted by an SUV in my lane, passing a trailer-towing slower vehicle. The SUV appeared out of "nowhere": he was pulling this pass going uphill against a solid-yellow line. Gravel shoulders, nowhere for me to go but to get on the binders and move to the far right of my lane. Jesus. Been riding a month now and this is the second time I've found myself facing a hazard of an on-coming vehicle. :angry7:

My heart goes out to this woman and her family.

RIP rider

I was riding down Goodwood from Port Perry yesterday and a cop had blocked off the road, I was wondering what had happened.

Absolutely tragic. My sincere condolences to this ladies friends and family. It was one of the nicest days all year to be out for a ride and for this to happen is just so sad.
So many bikes ride this stretch of road. It appears this was not even a case of a left turner but instead a distracted driver drifting out of their lane.
I was by there late in the afternoon on my way to Durham Forest and came across the road closure and heard from other cyclists about what had happened. I have become almost numb to the constant stream of news reports of motorcycle fatalities, it is every once in awhile one strikes me. It seems to be the ones where the rider can let down their guard a bit and just enjoy the smells, the sounds, the scenery, not thinking about setting up for the next corner on a twisty road or trying to get the attention of the left turner at the upcoming intersection just simply cruising along and tragedy strikes. What a shame.

Rest in piece.
Anyone who causes a collision due to crossing must be banned from being on the road. For life.

Back
Top Bottom