Generator | GTAMotorcycle.com

Generator

professor

Just needed a little input. My generator seen better days to say the least. Next year I will be racing, so a generator is a must. More so a reliable one. Don't want to break the bank, as the track would be it's only purpose. I suppose tire warmers and maybe a couple electronics (laptop phone etc) would be what it would be used for. With that being said how many watts would be sufficient. It's more the tire warmers I'm un sure of.
So with that being said. What are you using? Watts? Store you purchased?
I could just go to depot and grab one but I don't want to come out of their with over kill or something under kill ! Then I'll have to sneak a cord into one of your guys when your not looking ;)

This topic has been discussed extensively. Do a search you'll find lots of info. Take it from those of us that have wasted money on one or more ****** generators before doing the right thing. Buy a honda or yamaha inverter. 1000 watt minimum but for a couple hundred more you can get a 2000 watt. Should easily be able to find one used for $1000, maybe even $800 if you look hard enough. They are reliable, start easily, sip fuel and are ultra quiet. Plus you can sell it for what you paid for it five year later.

This topic has been discussed extensively. Do a search you'll find lots of info. Take it from those of us that have wasted money on one or more ****** generators before doing the right thing. Buy a honda or yamaha inverter. 1000 watt minimum but for a couple hundred more you can get a 2000 watt. Should easily be able to find one used for $1000, maybe even $800 if you look hard enough. They are reliable, start easily, sip fuel and are ultra quiet. Plus you can sell it for what you paid for it five year later.
You know what I usually do. Unfortunately my tapatalk wasn't allowing me too. Being as I was looking to buy today I just had to take a chance and post knowing their may be some raft !
Thanks for the info guys

You know what I usually do. Unfortunately my tapatalk wasn't allowing me too. Being as I was looking to buy today I just had to take a chance and post knowing their may be some raft !
Thanks for the info guys

My tapatalk was crashing yeserday too. Go into app info and clear cache

Princess auto, get the cheapest thing you can find. Don't worry its just a lawnmower hooked up to an alternator.

Princess auto, get the cheapest thing you can find. Don't worry its just a lawnmower hooked up to an alternator.

I've got a cheap generator that Can Tire had on sale a few years ago. I give up trying to start it after the first 15 mins...you get what you pay for...buy a honda or Yamaha or go cheap and get a boat anchor.

I just recently bought a Yamaha 2000 the dealer had both the honda and Yamaha in stock but Yamaha had a factory sale making it $200 cheaper then the honda. Also since the Yamaha is a newer design, honda hasn't redesigned theirs for a while the Yamaha had some extra features that the honda didn't have. It was a no brainer cheaper and a few more features

So far really happy it will run 2 sets of woodcraft warmers no problem, quiet and starts easily

Don't listen to anyone telling you to buy a Canadian tire gen, I know mine will run 2 sets because after watching my pit neibor at mosport try to start his for an hour. I offered him to just plug into mine lol

Last edited:
I just recently bought a Yamaha 2000 the dealer had both the honda and Yamaha in stock but Yamaha had a factory sale making it $200 cheaper then the honda. Also since the Yamaha is a newer design, honda hasn't redesigned theirs for a while the Yamaha had some extra features that the honda didn't have. It was a no brainer cheaper and a few more features

So far really happy it will run 2 sets of woodcraft warmers no problem, quiet and starts easily

Don't listen to anyone telling you to buy a Canadian tire gen, I know mine will run 2 sets because after watching my pit neibor at mosport try to start his for an hour. I offered him to just plug into mine lol
Exactly! I really did not want to be that guy. I try to never make the mistake of buying low quality. All my tools and electronics are of higher end. Been told I'm crazy for doing it, but as noted, you will just end up buying a good one after the ****** one craps out.
Although. ... you need a pit neighbor lol??

My 3 year old champion inverter genny will barely run 2 sets. That's 3 seasons which we'll say is 25 "track days" total. I also almost never turn it off. I forget about it usually because I can't hear it running.

I guess sometimes I get lucky.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used Honda/yamaha but no way would I pay full pop.

Last edited:
BNIB US model Yamaha EF2000is for the price of a used one locally. A few guys out there bringing them across on Kijiji/Craigslist.

Some get lucky with off-brands, some get 2 days and need a rebuild/replacement. I'd be the one who gets 2 days, so figured I'd go for the Yamaha and buy once.

Got my self a 2300 Yamaha inverter last December (used $700) Bigger than what I need for the track (see reason below) , super quiet starts easy, it's fairly light and runs all day on a tank. wife gave me heck for buying it untill the ice storm hit LOL LOL LOL, powered my furnace, fridge ,TV ,Modem, Lights without missing a beat. I guess im trying to say BUY a good one ONCE.(honda or yami) there more expensive for a reason and they wont wake your neighbors. Every one has a budget but there is nothing worse than having to listen to one of those yellow things at the track ALL day long ...yea yea I know it's a race track but it still annoying..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom