How to wheelie | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to wheelie

K4D4

I got a gs500 and I'm ready to learn how to wheelie..IV been getting a lot of tips but does anyone else have some tips they would like to share to wheelie on a 500cc bike??

All you need to know is:
[video=youtube;Dx4F94DnATY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4F94DnATY[/video]

Find some hilly roads and do power wheelies by accident lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Read the hundreds of threads in this section that answer your question and give it a try.
If you feel like you are going to loop it,. Congratulations, you lifted the wheel a couple inches off the ground.

Just like everyone else I read as much as I could about the techniques online, then from there its all about getting out and trying, having close calls and scaring the ***** out of yourself....No matter how much you read or how much instruction you get in real life, it still all comes down to just getting on the bike and trying things...Knowing the technique is important, but 99% of the time when you get there all that stuff you think you learned reading goes out the window and you remember them as your sliding down the asphalt on your ***. Then you get the classic "but but but I was on the rear brake the whole time" when in reality as soon as the bike reached balance or past it their feet came off the pegs completely....

Best bet it to go to a parking lot or deserted street and practice, wear gear, and always try to have at least one other person with you in case you get hurt and need help. If they can film you, its nice too because after the fact you can watch the video and realize what you think is 12 oclock is actually only your front wheel lifting 12 inches off the ground

Good luck for some it comes easier then others, take your time and dont get too exited. A lot of times I see newbies, they try 50 times and then finally they get a good one, then that pumps them up so much the next one they try too hard and crash...

Last edited:
I can get them up but how do I hold it for a distance??

Get them up higher, When you feel like you are going to tip over and it feels very uncomfortable, that is balance point, thats where you need to be, if your not there, you are just chasing it.
Just slowly keep getting higher and higher and if your in a parking lot, you will see yourself going farther and farther in the same gear.

More power to get to balance point, then you can just hang out (or more likely loop it). Once you at the balance point, stop accelerating and maintain speed. If you aren't going high enough to get to the balance point, the only way to stay up is to continue accelerating (in which case speed gets high quite quickly).

MTO cameras are better at taking pictures. We will keep an eye out for you on the news channel.

They aren't hard it's just got to get rid of the fear of falling back

lol, Once you get the wheel to pop more than a couple inches, it is fairly easy to get them to the chase point.

Balance point is the difficult part as that is where the looping begins if your not very quick on the rear brake or get over confident.

Good job

You're doing well, but personally I would practice somewhere that didn't have obstacles 10' away. If you land wrong (or wobble while up), you will be into those parked cars before you know what hit you. Crashing into solid objects is what gets you killed.

Back
Top Bottom