New Rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider

frostsk

Hey guys, Im Frank a student in university. I just got my baby bike yesterday, so excited about it. I got a cbr125r, cuz Im using it for school which only 2km away from my house.
Today I ride my bike to Markham, but I realize that it takes me too long to accelerate. I shift my gear around 5-6k rpm but still. Could u guys give some advice?

welcome

rev higher

or buy a bigger bike ;)

My first year I had a 125r redlined it all the time, motor seemed pretty bullet proof.
Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

lol thank you for the suggestion. For me125r is ok in dt. But i think i do need a bigger bike if i can handle the insurance.

Yeah maybe a 250 or 300 if your doing highway and worry about insurance but if your over 25 600 is prolly more than enough. But seriously redline it, I had a girl on a ninja 250 who wondered how I passed her on my 125 she was shifting a 4-5 grand.. Rev that baby to the moon, it likes it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

you need to rev it. redline it in the first couple gears to get it going, then 7k + after that. the bike loves 10k +

Yeah, I'm in third year university and just turned into 20 two week ago, so insurance is a big problem for me. but anyway lots of fun on my bike. I'm trying to upgrade my bike two years later, I think by that time insurance will be cheaper.

Hey Frank.
Congrats on your bike!
I too just started riding this year. I'm 19, turning 20 this Winter, and I'm insuring my SV650S for about $2700 per year before taxes. PM me if you'd want to know more about it.
With only 125CCs you'll find yourself on the red side of the meter just to keep up. But that's half the fun :D

Wow 2700 a year is a great deal on your bike with your age. 125 is great in downtown but for long distance I do think I need a better bike lol

Welcome & congrats on the 125.
What's your dream bike anyway?

Definitely rev higher. Your bike makes its most power at 10,000RPM. At 6-7 you're still a ways down the power curve.

lol hard to only pick one, but I really like streetfighter. Actually, if its possible I'd like to keep three bikes. Ducati 1199s, a custom streetfighter and a Harley Davison Night Rod. lol maybe I'm too greedy, but its my true thought.

Welcome & congrats on the 125.
What's your dream bike anyway?
lol hard to only pick one, but I really like streetfighter. Actually, if its possible I'd like to keep three bikes. Ducati 1199s, a custom streetfighter and a Harley Davison Night Rod. lol maybe I'm too greedy, but its my true thought.

Back
Top Bottom