GSXR 1k and V strom 650 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GSXR 1k and V strom 650

kwtoxman

I'm thinking of adding a bike to the stable. At this point I'm considering a 2007 Orange/black GSXR 1000 and an 2008 V strom 650 blue which I've found for sale. Very different bikes, but each appealing in its own right.

Any issues on those models I should be aware of? Or other notable considerations?

The GSXR 1K is a better value, but having an adventure bike would open up other riding.

Last edited:
I owned a 2006 Blue DL650 which I bought in 2008. It was an excellent bike with zero issues until it crashed with 90k on the odo. I liked it so much I replaced with with another DL650 (2011 model). There are a few modifications that make the bike either handle much better or provide more comfort for which a wealth of info can be found on the Stromtrooper forums. There are no real issues with the bike other than the stock seat, windshield and mirrors for different riders. Engine and parts are well built and perform as they should. There is so much aftermarket support for this bike it's nuts and it is such a pleasure to ride. I'm guessing you already ride sport, so maybe the Strom would be a good addition.

+1 for the strom

Comfortable riding position... Reliable engine.. Plenty of power... Its an all around amazing bike

I've heard nothing but great things about the baby-strom but haven't owned one. I have looked into one as I would like to add an adventure bike to the garage.

The K71K is a great bike and has no mechanical issues. Dumping the cat/dual exhaust and getting it tuned will shed a ton of weight and gain you a lot of midrange/smooth power/excellent throttle response. If you can swing an '09+ it has much better suspension and I prefer the engine in it over the 07/08.

I just picked a Wee up, 2010 with loads of farkles and so far very happy. Planning cross country next june and lots of "further south than PA rides" hopefully starting this weekend.

I was very pleased with value for money and the motors are apparently bullet proof.

- there is a thread in the cruising section and there are a LOT of Strom riders giving input.

and more here
http://www.stromtrooper.com/#popular-forums

Back
Top Bottom