Stay away from the Forks this weekend | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stay away from the Forks this weekend

I used to live about 3 kms south of FOTC and never understood the appeal. Yes, the road has a few curves but far too much traffic and police presence to be even remotely enjoyable. Throw in the transplanted citiots who now call Belfountain home and the D-bag posers at the coffe shop who spent 10 minutes riding there and 4 hours talking about what great riders they are and it's a sh1thole.

This

I used to live about 3 kms south of FOTC and never understood the appeal. Yes, the road has a few curves but far too much traffic and police presence to be even remotely enjoyable. Throw in the transplanted citiots who now call Belfountain home and the D-bag posers at the coffe shop who spent 10 minutes riding there and 4 hours talking about what great riders they are and it's a sh1thole.

Agreed for the most part, but any other suggestions for better riding roads? The lingering posers are pretentious as hell over there, still a nice ride to pass through though.

ahem, cough, I was trying to create a diversion nudge wink. As if they don't hate us enough in Belfountain, River Rd. is now marked local traffic only. Hence the wink;)

If you guys are babbling about the gravel road just south of the forks with a ridiculously steep incline, I think you're safe. That slope is NOT for the untrained, especially with heavier bikes or street slicks.

If you guys are babbling about the gravel road just south of the forks with a ridiculously steep incline, I think you're safe. That slope is NOT for the untrained, especially with heavier bikes or street slicks.

Grange Side Rd? Nope.

Yeah Grange side was the one I was thinking of. That one is off-limits for me on my current bike with the current tires.

Yeah Grange side was the one I was thinking of. That one is off-limits for me on my current bike with the current tires.

I've been through worse on my cruiser...

That being said. I was at the forks a little after 3 and it was packed... Still got some good riding in and nice colours. Settled for some icecream with me an the wife (2up) and a friend... New speed bumps are a pain!

forks my ***! I can't stand this road, weekends, weekdays, doesn't matter...without fail I'm always stuck behind a dodge grand caravan driving with their brakes going 20 under the limit.

Was there today...don't believe that I've seen it so busy before, the five times I've been up there this season. Totally agree with the dodge caravan comment above, but I'll also throw in a word for those Porsche and vintage car idiots who cannot keep to their lanes. Or the good old folk who decide its a fantastic idea to go for a stroll across the road right in front of a blind corner.
Its still one of the few fun roads in southern ontario but better on weekday afternoons or early mornings IMO

Was there today...don't believe that I've seen it so busy before, the five times I've been up there this season. Totally agree with the dodge caravan comment above, but I'll also throw in a word for those Porsche and vintage car idiots who cannot keep to their lanes. Or the good old folk who decide its a fantastic idea to go for a stroll across the road right in front of a blind corner.
Its still one of the few fun roads in southern ontario but better on weekday afternoons or early mornings IMO

Here you hit the problem...there are too many damned people in Southern Ontario.

Or the good old folk who decide its a fantastic idea to go for a stroll across the road right in front of a blind corner.

Yesterday was retarded. Coming in from the the north I didn't get a sense of level of retardation until I was right into it. And to make it retarderer some clown on a CBR250 parked across the walkway @ 90 deg. leaving about a foot of space for tourists to squeeze thru while he sat and smoked on his bike totally unbothered. If I had a life I would not go there anymore. Tuesday calls for warm weather, probably ride out to the Forks for coffee.

What's the attraction? The road sucks. It's packed every weekend full of idiots from the city and cops. What am I missing?

What's the attraction? The road sucks. It's packed every weekend full of idiots from the city and cops. What am I missing?

Cuz everyone that gets a bike needs to be part of the club. That means finding out where everyone that's been riding for years go, and saturate the f out of the experience.

Meets probably get posted on RFD, the site which kills everything for everyone.

You're missing Monday to Friday. For me it's a bit over an hour to get there. That's good saddle time. Literally dozens of different routes including gravel roads affording country views. Decent coffee at Higher Ground. Better than even chance somebody to chat bikes with. Ride home is a bit over an hour. Literally dozens of different routes including paved roads affording small town views. Forks of the Credit Rd.? Haven't been on it in years.

^^I live 2 minutes down the road from it. I don't mind going during the week at all. The weekend just cracks me up that all the posers go out of their way to have a coffee and tell tales of how great a rider they are. Add the other tourists and cops and it's not a fun time at all. Unless of course talking bs while sitting on your fancy bike with enormous chicken strips that you can't ride worth a crap is your thing. The owner of the coffee shop loves the business that brings

I want to get on board with the negativity, I really do, but I cannot for the life of me recall anybody telling me how fast they are. I probably don't look worth impressing.

You're missing Monday to Friday. For me it's a bit over an hour to get there. That's good saddle time. Literally dozens of different routes including gravel roads affording country views. Decent coffee at Higher Ground. Better than even chance somebody to chat bikes with. Ride home is a bit over an hour. Literally dozens of different routes including paved roads affording small town views. Forks of the Credit Rd.? Haven't been on it in years.

Yeah - 40 minutes for me and I take different routes there and home. The coffee shop has good wifi and I socialize with other riders during the week.
It's a good base.

I want to get on board with the negativity, I really do, but I cannot for the life of me recall anybody telling me how fast they are. I probably don't look worth impressing.

+1 that you probably don't look worth impressing. ?
And now you're making up words? "retarderer"? (which, for me, is a word I have tried to delete out of my vocabulary).
I keep hearing positive/ negative reviews on forks. Went there once or twice when I lived in Brampton. Never on the bike.
Should I go just to see what all the ish ia about?

I'm from Orangeville and haven't been back to Bellefountain since they started their bylaw about loud pipes.
My rides usually Hockley Valley road, then north to 15th side road, then double back and go north to 10th in Mansfeild, then River road.... Reverse on the way back to Terra Nova for a bite then reverse the trip to Orangeville... Makes for a good afternoon!

Back
Top Bottom