Stay away from the Forks this weekend | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stay away from the Forks this weekend

I'm from Orangeville and haven't been back to Bellefountain since they started their bylaw about loud pipes.
My rides usually Hockley Valley road, then north to 15th side road, then double back and go north to 10th in Mansfeild, then River road.... Reverse on the way back to Terra Nova for a bite then reverse the trip to Orangeville... Makes for a good afternoon!

Afternoon? I can do that much faster. Of course I'm a very good rider.

I want to get on board with the negativity, I really do, but I cannot for the life of me recall anybody telling me how fast they are. I probably don't look worth impressing.

It cuts deep, you not thinking of me anymore.

It cuts deep, you not thinking of me anymore.

Oh, that's right, you washed out you're front tire just trying to stay ahead of me in a race I didn't know I was in. LOL, calm down Neil, I'm only joking around, I use that same series of bends on other people. They never know what hit them:p

Oh, that's right, you washed out you're front tire just trying to stay ahead of me in a race I didn't know I was in. LOL, calm down Neil, I'm only joking around, I use that same series of bends on other people. They never know what hit them:p
You purposely deceived him into crashing his bike?

How noble

You purposely deceived him into crashing his bike?

How noble

LOL RockerGuy keep your hockey helmet on. It was just a spirited ride in that section, most of the rest of it was really tame on account of me. Neils front pushed out maybe 3 inches and the only reason I know is because he told me, I was that far back.

Race? No, but when appropriate, I do enjoy a good scare.
Surely if we knew what bitterness fate held in store, we would shrink back in fear and let the cup of life pass us by untasted. ~ Jacqueline Carey
As for the rest of the ride, was about average pace for me. Time and place as they say.

Not to mention the fact that I was on a Buell, which as a tool for speed, is like a flintlock pistol from the Revolutionary War; It'll do the job, but it's just as likely to blow up in your face.

I was there on Friday and Sunday. What a difference a couple of days makes. Friday, no-one walking in the roadway, the bikers that were there really cool. Sunday still met some good people, except for the one guy who over-revved his bike leaving the coffee shop. Traffic on Friday was minimal. On Sunday, it was insane. Plenty of people walking everywhere, not having a care for anyone in a car or on a motorcycle.

I come from Ajax. The fun for me is not getting there, it's finding new routes to get there. I have a great deal of nice roads out my way but never even ventured to FOC until this year. Weekdays are the best by far.

I was there on Friday and Sunday. What a difference a couple of days makes. Friday, no-one walking in the roadway, the bikers that were there really cool. Sunday still met some good people, except for the one guy who over-revved his bike leaving the coffee shop. Traffic on Friday was minimal. On Sunday, it was insane. Plenty of people walking everywhere, not having a care for anyone in a car or on a motorcycle.

I come from Ajax. The fun for me is not getting there, it's finding new routes to get there. I have a great deal of nice roads out my way but never even ventured to FOC until this year. Weekdays are the best by far.
I don't know any decent roads to get there from the east end.. Hence why I don't ride west end.

There's some nice roads out east

I don't know any decent roads to get there from the east end.. Hence why I don't ride west end.

There's some nice roads out east

That's a shame. I don't ride east for same reason. East is a special treat reserved for holidaying. Over top of GTA preferably thru Algonquin Park. Our province is bigger than some countries. Sweet.

Not to mention the fact that I was on a Buell, which as a tool for speed, is like a flintlock pistol from the Revolutionary War; It'll do the job, but it's just as likely to blow up in your face.

LOL.

Read the EBR 1190RX review in Motorcyclist this month, nothing has changed at the "new" Buell.

what road near the forks can you actually ride fast on? I tried going there on one of my trips up and there was like 3 turns and then you're at hwy 10, lol, I know you can't expect Cali canyons in Ont, but I think I must be missing something

what road near the forks can you actually ride fast on? I tried going there on one of my trips up and there was like 3 turns and then you're at hwy 10, lol, I know you can't expect Cali canyons in Ont, but I think I must be missing something

Corners and hills are a foreign thing in the GTA so even a 5 minute jaunt is as they say, better than nothing... Plus of course it's just like the Tim Hortons on hwy 10 in Orangeville, the coffee shop is the destination to pose by your bike looking bad ass and brag about how much chrome you've invested in.

hey no worries, I actually thought there was another road there I missed, was kinda bummed about it.

I have canyons and good tracks at home, as far as my vacations back to Ontario are concerned it was cool just to see a bunch of bikes in one place.

Corners and hills are a foreign thing in the GTA so even a 5 minute jaunt is as they say, better than nothing... Plus of course it's just like the Tim Hortons on hwy 10 in Orangeville, the coffee shop is the destination to pose by your bike looking bad *** and brag about how much chrome you've invested in.

Go in every now and then to that location, en route. Weekdays mostly. Very few riders around then. All nice blokes. No posers. Riders like myself. Coffee and go. No chrome on my bike what's-so ever.

Pathetic, eh?

But we can ski in the mighty Hockley valley ... Or wait .... Google Blue Mountains .... LOL ... Oh well, I tried.

Pathetic, eh?

But we can ski in the mighty Hockley valley ... Or wait .... Google Blue Mountains .... LOL ... Oh well, I tried.

I found some really sick roads off 7A but they're all up closer to Ottawa (past Kingston)...looks like if I move back it'll be taking turns trips up there and trips to Pennsylvania on weekends

hey no worries, I actually thought there was another road there I missed, was kinda bummed about it.

I have canyons and good tracks at home, as far as my vacations back to Ontario are concerned it was cool just to see a bunch of bikes in one place.

You can continue north on Mississauga road past Caledon ski club then thru Cataract but that stretch is short as well. A couple sweet curves on the side of the hill though...

Back
Top Bottom