Stay away from the Forks this weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stay away from the Forks this weekend

I thought the rule of thumb was to never go there on a weekend.

It was fine. I felt very welcome. Cops checking for cell phones where I always sit. My buddy enjoyed his first visit. All round splendid riding day. Probably could have done without unplugged serenade.

It was fine. I felt very welcome. Cops checking for cell phones where I always sit. My buddy enjoyed his first visit. All round splendid riding day. Probably could have done without unplugged serenade.

there are 4 maybe 5 punchlines in that response minimum. I've come to expect a different level of senredippty.

I thought the rule of thumb was to never go there on a weekend.

The rule of thumb is to go there on weekends. I've gone there weekdays when nobody was there or at best an angry guy with a blowed up Honda. Fresh out of warranty. That'l harsh a buzz.

Jammed - some sort of Salamander Festival, cops all over....traffic nuts.

Go elsewhere..

I never ride the Forks on a weekend, too many cars and cops. It is particularly bad in the fall with people wandering all over the place and driving very slowly gawking at the colours.

Besides, the better roads are located north of me.

It's good for looking at lots of motorcycles when lots of motorcycles are there. Also to chat with other riders. Immediate surrounding roads, when jammed with traffic and people, do not offer ideal riding conditions unless you are a profiler. Sneak in the back way, just like at PD13. Little tricks like that can go a long in creating a pleasant experience. I did not see a salamander yesterday. I think that speaks to the effectiveness of my strategy. Be well everybody.

Was okay at 9 am but building rapidly with cops galore and roads closed off.
Happy to be well away.
I sneak in via River Road.

I don't mind busy - but that was stupid and we were hungry.
Instead had a great meal at Terra Cotta Inn.

Last edited:
Was okay at 9 am but building rapidly with cops galore and roads closed off.
Happy to be well away.
I sneak in via River Road.

I don't mind busy - but that was stupid and we were hungry.
Instead had a great meal at Terra Cotta Inn.

I don't know any River Road that will take me and my loved ones to Higher Ground zero.;)

Last edited:
Haven't been to the forks area for over 3+ yrs... Would mean a ride on the 410 to get there.. Not fun .. Then highway 10.. Might have to go that way next year. Too busy this time of year that way.
More fun roads up north. Happy forks is There though. Attracts the townies and pirates away from the other roads. ;-)

that little dirt road that comes in from the left just as you turn the corner to the right onto the Forks past Higher Ground.

A little off pavement practice for a KM - pops you onto the next North-South paved road...can't recall...Mills something.

Now you know. :D

ahem, cough, I was trying to create a diversion nudge wink. As if they don't hate us enough in Belfountain, River Rd. is now marked local traffic only. Hence the wink;)

ahem, cough, I was trying to create a diversion nudge wink. As if they don't hate us enough in Belfountain, River Rd. is now marked local traffic only. Hence the wink;)

How do they define "Local traffic"? Do they ticket you unless you have a specific reason for being on that publicly paid for road or is it just a hassle stop?

I used to live about 3 kms south of FOTC and never understood the appeal. Yes, the road has a few curves but far too much traffic and police presence to be even remotely enjoyable. Throw in the transplanted citiots who now call Belfountain home and the D-bag posers at the coffe shop who spent 10 minutes riding there and 4 hours talking about what great riders they are and it's a sh1thole.

How do they define "Local traffic"? Do they ticket you unless you have a specific reason for being on that publicly paid for road or is it just a hassle stop?

I'm the last guy to provide a lucid legal answer. I always assume they're trying to get traffic down to a minimum do to some kind of temporary obstruction like roadwork or bridge construction. In the interest of fair play I try to abide by that. If I'm on the bike I take it as a challenge. My bad. Other times "Local Traffic Only" reads more like "we don't like your kind around here". Don't know the legal repercussions. I have literally been run off the road by a local in a pick up truck.

Back
Top Bottom