kickstarter turn signals | GTAMotorcycle.com

kickstarter turn signals

stevie t

Would you need front and rear if you had something like this?

eba927d681db52420198e54ef870c5b7_large.jpg

Yes.

I wouldn't have those on my bike in the first place. I doubt they're visible during the day

Making my bike intentionally wider and more fragile seems like the perfect kickstarter project. Convince a bunch of hipster idiots to finance your stupid idea. $250 for turn signals that will break even more expensive parts on your bike when you tip over.

Based on the following (which technically does not apply to motorcycles), those should be ok. I can't find anything about actual requirements for turn signals on motorcycles.
A mechanical
> or electrical signal device shall clearly indicate the intention to turn,
> shall be visible and understandable during day-time and night-time from
> the front and from the rear of the vehicle for a distance of 30 metres,
> and shall be self-illuminated when used at any time from one-half hour
> after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise.

CMVSS 108 will cover the technical requirements (for OEM applications). There are minimum lens areas which those won't meet.

Don't use kick-starter, website is ****, I ordered two things from there and two years later one still not delivered and the other was half ass

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Would you need front and rear if you had something like this?
I assume your question is asking about the legality. As mentioned, the law requires turn signals to be visible from the front and rear and this solution fulfills that requirement and more. These signals are also visible from the side, which is not a legal requirement but is a prudent measure. Brian P mentioned lens area above but I can't comment on that aspect of these bar-end signals; I assume he is right.

On my BMW, I have traditional Hella bar-end signals. I also installed LED turn signals on the rear fender which project light sideways so that traffic approaching me from the side see my signals. The shape of the Hellas offers clear visibility and wide separation.
DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Last edited:
If your desire is to have your traffic intentions less noticeable, then these are great!

Always liked the hellas which is why these got my attention. Got a cafe build in mind this winter and thought these could work.
Fwiw, always use hand signals in traffic, which again raises the possible 'stunt' charge.
So you're saying these signals make my arse look big?

Fwiw, always use hand signals in traffic, which again raises the possible 'stunt' charge.

What do you mean by this?^^

One hand on the handlebars......

One hand on the handlebars......

Thank you, I did not know this. I would lose my mind if I got a ticket for that! Fightable in court??

Don't use kick-starter, website is ****, I ordered two things from there and two years later one still not delivered and the other was half ass

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Maybe you should figure out how the site works before spending your money.

Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom