Tw200 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tw200

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Guy wants $1700 for a TW200 2004 not certified 16,000 km

Versus 2009 dealer certified for $2990 which I'm hoping to reduce. 5,600 KM

Kid thinks the 2004 is okay

He's gonna ride it in the winter and leave the FZ-07 in the garage ( he's not far to work ).

I like the bike as well.

$271 for insurance to have a fun machine around that also will fit in the van to take places.

Any thoughts on 2004 versus 2009.
Seems the 2009 has a bit better carb but not much else - $1000 for 5 years newer seems reasonable.

This is the 2009.
$_20.JPG

Last edited:
Are you settled on the TW200 then?

I don't know the price of tires on the TW, but if you want to get away from odd sized expensive tires like your Burgman, this might not be the route.

I was considering a TW200 as well as an XT250, and people talked me out of it. The reality is, living in Mississauga means any decent trails are at least 1 hour away, and apparently the TW200 is painful to ride because it is struggling at 80 to 90kph. The XT250 is much better as the most recent has fuel injection.

I am glad I got the DRZ. It is more than powerful enough for the slab to get to the trails, and on the trails is functions great. The tires are a regular size and fairly cheap (and remember, knobbies wear out very fast).

My DRZ as an add-on to my policy is only $23/month including comp through The Personal.

I went out today with 4 guys from ODSC. One had a KTM 590, which was by far the most capable bike. There were 2 DRZs, one WR250, and a guy who's regular bike was temporarily down so he used his wife's XT250. All the bikes had no serious issues, except the XT250 got caught up trying to hop over a log -- not enough clearance. We were riding out in Beaver Valley between Durham and Flesherton.

I didn't take many pics, but if the other guys on the ride post theirs I will include them.

In the mean time... here is my little do-anything adventure bike plus a couple pics... one of the other guy on the DRZ who failed to make it up this defunct ski hill, and one of some of the mud we encountered.

ZDbT4ee.jpg

bBXJvoq.jpg

OCGpJ41.jpg

JciCy9a.jpg

fCZCRYy.jpg

Looks like fun diesel........
Winter commuting? I get winter off roading....but in traffic, in the GTA? To each their own I guess.....I just don't like the odds.

Last edited:
What would worry me about winter commuting/riding is the salt. It's very bad for the bike.
I rode my bicycle for one winter and the front shocks seized, although I took really good care of it after rides.

Guy wants $1700 for a TW200 2004 not certified 16,000 km

Versus 2009 dealer certified for $2990 which I'm hoping to reduce. 5,600 KM

Kid thinks the 2004 is okay

He's gonna ride it in the winter and leave the FZ-07 in the garage ( he's not far to work ).

I like the bike as well.

$271 for insurance to have a fun machine around that also will fit in the van to take places.

Any thoughts on 2004 versus 2009.
Seems the 2009 has a bit better carb but not much else - $1000 for 5 years newer seems reasonable.

This is the 2009.
$_20.JPG

Those bikes are so cool. They come up on the Thumpers Minimalist Touring thread @ Advrider. People really like them. Seems the riding conditions in SW US and Central America is a bit different than the wide open paved roads of this area. If we had places to explore like logging roads and mountain passes I'd get into a smaller bike. What's 3g for low mileage bike?

Personally, I'd go for the '04 assuming its in good condition. Its already depreciated and you can probably flip it for what you bought it for in the future. Those bikes are rather bullet proof. Plus you can use the extra loot to buy some heated/waterproof gear for the kid :)

Back
Top Bottom