The Intermot 2014 Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Intermot 2014 Thread

A common thread thru all these new bikes seems to be appeal. I think they're trying to get you, the potential consumer, to imagine yourself riding the product. That's why the onslaught of cool. The relentless never ending tug at your psyche. Market research has shown people like to be admired. Look at my chrome nutz. That sort of thing. Of course what flies in one corner of the hobby/sport/lifestyle/freakshow might not fly in another. Look at my anodized nutz.

Well, Yamaha is winning as far as I can see.
This one in blue is everything I man could want.
There's nothing to complain about.

CafeRay;2 231689 said:
092914-2015-yamaha-xjr1300-f.jpg

Well.. so far I'm dissapointed by this Intermot, it looks like the hipsters are now ruling new bike designs and everyone seems to be only interested in selling >1 litre bikes.

Suzuki..squint and they look like the Ninja 1000 and Z1000...

Ducati scrambler..good for BikeEXIF and Chris Hunter's bromance with scramblers and Steve McQueen.

The R1200R is nice, an R9T with proper cooling.

[video=youtube;02V2Wyj4_pE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02V2Wyj4_pE[/video]

Until they get on cool and try to do some distance... ;)

No problem.

Are you suggesting the new Yamaha XJR1300, for example, wouldn't be suitable for long distance? I wouldn't hesitate. Throw some soft luggage on the back and a tank bag up front and you're all set. Some might prefer a screen, but I wouldn't even bother. You've posted a thread detailing an ambitious trip with your boy next year. If I had the vacation time, I would do that ride on my Thruxton without a second thought. Tank bag, tail bag, tent and sleeping bag, and I'm good for a couple of weeks. Five, six, eight hundred kilometres a day, bring it on. Unless you're doing gravel, a dual sport bike and the latest adventure-man gear aren't required. You've proved that many times yourself on your scooter.

2015-Yamaha-XJR1300-EU-Power-Blue-Studio-007.jpg

Everything looks like toys or product these days. Oh how I long for the days when looking up to a grizzled 24yr.old on a Honda 450 Hellcat meant something. You can never go home.

Some of these bikes look like the really bad renderings done when people have no idea what a new model will look like...puke

Back
Top Bottom