The Intermot 2014 Thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Intermot 2014 Thread

Has anybody figured out how much power the GSX-S1000/1000F makes? So far that's the bike I find most interesting

Too much like a zxr1200. And the Eau rouge. ..puke.

You take that back, the ZRX1200 looked way better in any form

More than enough.

You say that, but if it were Honda designing the bike, it would barely break 100hp. "Enough"? Sure, but the what's the point of putting a 1000cc motor in it?

You say that, but if it were Honda designing the bike, it would barely break 100hp. "Enough"? Sure, but the what's the point of putting a 1000cc motor in it?

Torque.

Still, Honda is getting really bizarre with avoiding the established competition. Assume the Suzi will be in Z1000 range or better ~125hp/75ftlbs.

Dual throttle EFI, 12.2:1 compression, Brembos and three stage traction control..it's not going to be a CB1000R.

I would absolutely be happy with that. So far the only thing I don't like about it is that it looks like the rear shock is pretty basic... could be worse.

Not sure how budget that kyb fork is either but hopefully it works well.

Estimated here at 155hp/80tq.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/n...ll-new-suzuki-gsx-s1000/suzuki/_/R-EPI-145069

I think it will be in the 150 range as it doesn't sound too detuned, only adjusted for more low/mid grunt (which it wasn't hurting in already).

Wait a minute:

MCN said:
Oddly, Suzuki have also answered a question no-one asked by developing an Easy Start System. This means you no longer hold the start button and wait for ignition, you just press it briefly, and then release it – just like a car system. More usefully, they’ve also ditched the need to hold the clutch in while starting the engine.

How the heck does that work?!

Won't start unless in neutral. Possibly still work if in gear but clutch is pulled.

Oh. Do bikes not normally do that? Out of all the bikes I've had, the GS500 is the only one I know for sure that won't let me one-hand start it. There might have been another one, but I forgot.

I would absolutely be happy with that. So far the only thing I don't like about it is that it looks like the rear shock is pretty basic... could be worse.

The z1000 rear shock is crap. I don't know why or how that poor design choice can happen still. It takes a simple demo ride to figure out the shock is sprung for a truck.

Oh. Do bikes not normally do that? Out of all the bikes I've had, the GS500 is the only one I know for sure that won't let me one-hand start it. There might have been another one, but I forgot.

They all do that. Suzuki must have some sensors or servos that put the bike into neutral when it's off.
Not sure what the need is, and leaving the bike in gear while off is useful as a parking brake.

Another thought out loud about the GSX-S1000(F): Does it have a slipper clutch? The K5 GSX-R1000 did, so including it seems like it wouldn't cost much to me. If not, I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit it?

I think I'm gonna hang on the GS500 for a bit longer now... until these S1000Fs start showing up. I am really liking this bike, I will take mine in red

Another thought out loud about the GSX-S1000(F): Does it have a slipper clutch? The K5 GSX-R1000 did, so including it seems like it wouldn't cost much to me. If not, I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit it?

I think I'm gonna hang on the GS500 for a bit longer now... until these S1000Fs start showing up. I am really liking this bike, I will take mine in red

You can get slipper clutches for many bikes now in aftermarket.
At 150hp, insurance will likely be like a gixer1000

Back
Top Bottom