Pennsylvania's booked up this weekend! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pennsylvania's booked up this weekend!

brownelvis

right now hotels in state college at 95% booked and they're 85% booked in williamsport....what gives?

Any alternate destinations in the US recommended for an overnight jaunt?

right now hotels in state college at 95% booked and they're 85% booked in williamsport....what gives?

Any alternate destinations in the US recommended for an overnight jaunt?
School games are back in town. Head over to the Adirondacks for an overnighter.

I'm booked for 2 nights at the Best Western in Williamsport but made my reservation a couple of weeks ago. Lot's of fracking going on in PA so the work crews are taking up lots of accommodations in the rural areas. Penn State has a home game at Beaver Stadium which holds close to 110,000 fans this weekend as well.

scored the last room in the budget inn in clearfield for $48, should be sufficient

looks like a beaut this weekend!

Geez and me with a new ( to me ) Wee to exercise. I suspect Sunday night might be okay.

I'll be sure to look out for the black wee while I'm out here!

Got a go cruise knockoff, I dunno how I've been riding without it.

Got a go cruise knockoff, I dunno how I've been riding without it.

Geez you been running around without a throttle lock...yikes....hard on the wrist over time.

I much prefer the Vista Cruise....cheap, unobtrusive and so easy. Flip on and off with your thumb.

VC-07-4046_300.jpg

I use a palm throttle as well ( cramp buster )

image_27725.jpg

I laughed when I discovered BOTH on my new to me Wee.

Very tempted to head down there on Sunday AM with the new bike.

Last edited:
Ever since fracking for oil on unsuspecting land owners has become commonplace in the appalachians, the motels and hotels are always booked up-regardless of time of year or weather.

MacDoc. Be careful with those Vista like devices , I know of someone that had to have his thumb re-attached after a minor accident. That metal ring did the damage and through a leather riding glove.

Geez you been running around without a throttle lock...yikes....hard on the wrist over time.

I much prefer the Vista Cruise....cheap, unobtrusive and so easy. Flip on and off with your thumb.

VC-07-4046_300.jpg

I use a palm throttle as well ( cramp buster )

image_27725.jpg

I laughed when I discovered BOTH on my new to me Wee.

Very tempted to head down there on Sunday AM with the new bike.

That metal ring did the damage and through a leather riding glove.

What metal ring?? This is what I use.

vc-007.jpg

Both dual sports bikes I own with Vistas have bark busters so I can't see hand damage - That aluminum rail they use is very strong.

On the Burgman I use a Kaoka which is bar end - not as convenient but very slick looking and durable.

•••

ah noticed the ring you mentioned - tho if it gets damaged behind the Barkbusters enough to cause an issue I have WAY more things to worry about :D
Worked a treat on an evening jaunt to Arthur tonight

Last edited:
Pretty nice day in PA, started in Clearfield, went up Wykoff's run, then 120 east and then 44 north up to Olean, took the 219 back. The worst of it was getting back home what with the Gardiner closed. This is the first ride I've done this season where my wrists weren't in pain after.

I used to use a crampbuster, there was a few times where my fat hand would try to roll off the throttle and couldn't because of it. The go cruise is perfect, since I only need a rest every once in a while.

I also just installed heated grips, I didn't realize what I was missing out on. In the morning today it was pretty nippy and went down to 8 degrees celsius but I stayed comfortable.

I saw a fellow in a Burgman pulled off over on Wykoff's Run snapping all kinds of pictures, he must've been your doppelganger MacDoc

Hehe....
What heated grips did you get ....I'm missing mine already tho considering glove liners.

I got a set of Oxfords, the ones redesigned for this year which were designated for "touring". The only difference from the previous generation it seems is that they've added a feature where it won't drain your battery if the bike is off. I honestly find these more comfortable that the Kuryakyn Iso-Grips they replaced.

Last edited:
I got a set of Oxfords, the ones redesigned for this year which were designated for "touring".

They're offered in Sport, Touring, and Adventure flavours. The pattern of each one is slightly different, but a more important difference is the overall length of the grip; get the right length to avoid having to trim.

The only difference from the previous generation it seems is that they've added a feature where it won't drain your battery if the bike is off.

You believe this? Does it actually work? I installed a pair on my wife's bike, but just don't trust 'em. I wired into an accessory source. BTW, another difference between old and new is four heat settings on the old, five settings on the new.

The power controller works awesome I have them wired direct to the battery on the g/f s bike and the shut off every time and fairly quickly. They listen for the electrical noise from the alternator and shut off if the do not see it in a couple of minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom