when does every one stop riding?? | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

I have been thinking about grabbing a set of these tires specifically for the m+s rating. How do they handle in the snow on the Strom? Does it feel like riding in mud?

If there was less than an inch of slush, I didn't even notice it. Getting out of the ruts in that picture involved a bit of sliding around and possibly spraying gawking pedestrians in slush, but then I was back into the inch of slush and it barely even felt like wet concrete. I did over an hour of slushy side streets leading up to that picture, and it was perfectly composed.

I just got in from over 4 hours of aimless riding around. There was a residential street in Oakville that was a real mess, thick slush with some hardpacked snow underneath that felt like unstable mud, I suppose. I didn't stick around to test my non-existent trail skills against all the cars in the area. :)

I'm pretty pleased with the tires so far.

Wouldn't you arrive at your destination completely muddy & wet?

Nope. I suppose may have been a hint of salt to the bottom edges of my pants, and my boots were a mess. A handy snowbank helped clean the boots off.

I know at some point, especially after a not-rush-hour commute in, my pants will probably end up being soaked in salty spray as they have in the past. I'll start wearing rain overpants to prevent that, someday.

Last edited:
Sadrik-- adding you to my list of awesome people. I didn't even want to go out in my suv.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Wow, what a great idea. Next time I can't make it up a icy incline, I'm zigzagging!!!!!!
Should be just fine.

Don't do it without snow tires. Hastily overtook quite a few rwd cars on hills this morning at 6am. Ill prepared, even lesser capabilities. I struggle to understand the logic of such people that go up hill in a straight line.. if it didn't work the first time, why not try zigzagging instead? O wait, something about capabilities... better try the same (failed) tactic 5 more times..

Would be brutally fun with the right tires and nut behind the wheel in a big empty lot... brb.

Yeah the Scouts are amazing...have them on the Wee and kid will be riding most of the winter unless it's really slushy.

Well, I just took my wife's bike and my bike out for a mid winter spin!!!
Couple wheelies, couple power slides, and I'm good till March now.
This is cool December 21st and I was out!!!!!

Supposed to be +10 on Tuesday.

Christmas Eve blitz a comin!!!

Well, I just took my wife's bike and my bike out for a mid winter spin!!!
Couple wheelies, couple power slides, and I'm good till March now.
This is cool December 21st and I was out!!!!!

Supposed to be +10 on Tuesday.

Christmas Eve blitz a comin!!!

It was nice out today! I didn't see anyone else though, so my peace sign left hander is quite antsy.
Was so nice, that the bike barely even got dirty/spray.
I'll take it!
BvD0ZiA.gif

I rode to and from work today, I'm riding Monday, if you're on a bike going to yorkdale, talk to the valet guys. Bikes can be hidden

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

I rode to and from work today, I'm riding Monday, if you're on a bike going to yorkdale, talk to the valet guys. Bikes can be hidden

Good to know. I always just park on the sidewalk by the statue in front of the cinema with all the squids. No problems thus far. Thought about parking my car there last time we were there but figured I'd have more issues with that one. lol

Wouldn't you arrive at your destination completely muddy & wet?

it's all a matter of gear. I wear a suit and tie to work and commute from March until November. One ride in to work I hit a big puddle of wet concrete on a backroad (probably 20 or 30 feet long and about 6 inches deep.) this doesn't do it justice but here is an idea how the bike looked when I got to work:

9be6242cc61c8eaaa88e04b3f7286ddc_zpsf38693e2.jpg

My suit underneath was clean and dry.

..Tom

I'm convinced that V-Tom could ride through just about anything and come-out untouched.

it's all a matter of gear. I wear a suit and tie to work and commute from March until November. One ride in to work I hit a big puddle of wet concrete on a backroad (probably 20 or 30 feet long and about 6 inches deep.) this doesn't do it justice but here is an idea how the bike looked when I got to work:

9be6242cc61c8eaaa88e04b3f7286ddc_zpsf38693e2.jpg

My suit underneath was clean and dry.

..Tom

Heading to work on the bike today, bringing rain gear

Went through McD's this morning and some chappie pulled up on an old CM400 in the rain. 15C tomorrow for my forecast but t-storms so I'll pass.

I had a feeling this thread was going to get a couple hits today.

Don't need to commute again till Jan....so, rinsed the bike off, went for a short ride, filled the tank, rinsed it off again and blow dried her and put her on stands today. :(

I was out today, and if the forecast holds, will be out again on Saturday 27th.

Back
Top Bottom