when does every one stop riding?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

K4D4

This is my first year of riding and I was wondering when does everyone stop riding? Due to the ****** weather like frozen roads and frost? Mid November or late November ? I'm riding all October I know that for sure

When first snowfall hits, or when I start seeing brine on the road, or when my fingers fall off from the cold.

When the salt goes down.

Only when snow and ice are present. Like last winter October to June. Usually I ride all year, as long as the chance of snow accumulation and ice are not on the street. Nothing like a nice ride in January when it's hovering around freezing and it's a bright sunny day.

When the salt goes down.

Yep. Hopefully the various public works departments won't feel compelled to apply brine until December this year. Some places were spraying streets mid-October last year.

Below 8c or when feces hits roto impeller.

Temp below 5, high below 10.
Salt down.

When a wake up and go "nah, not today" then I reassess the following morning

Usually I will get out on patrol until about Halloween (last year excepted). When the daily high is less than 12C, It's usually not worth it for me. It involves long johns, neckwarmer, winter gloves, etc. I still ride to work, just not for a 12 hr shift. I generally stop my 30 min commute when the temp is below 3C. As mentioned above though, salt and brine, frost, all = unhappy times on a motorcycle.

My last ride was mid November last year, only went once that month though and a few times only throughout October.

I didn't mind riding when it was about - 6 out. My hands got kind of cold, I don't have heated grips. I'll probably put winter gloves over my riding gloves this year to stop that from happening again. That or I'll make some homemade wind deflectors. I'll most likely be riding up until late November, early December.

Commuting - Dec 24, but last year's mid-Dec snow storm forced me to stop early
North - mid-Nov, unless a really nice weekend day happens

Some people already put their bikes away, others ride all winter.

I stop riding when its below 10-15, dont like the cold.

All year if weather and travel permits.
Had some nice rides in January year before last. Roads were fine.
It all depends.

ScreenShot2013-01-10atJan10201351543PM.jpg

Key in winter is put a battery tender on.

Back
Top Bottom