when does every one stop riding?? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

You dont know what you're missing...I was so anti contacts for so long. But now that I've switched and gotten used to them I couldn't ride without them anymore. Glasses under the helmet was always such a pain.

Agreed, just the added peripheral vision is worth it over glasses.

Picked up this balaclava for riding in the cold weather. It's windproof so no more cold air on the neck or coming through the helmet.

http://www.amazon.ca/Chaos-CTR-10G3-1630-Howler-Windproof-Balaclava/dp/B00EL8HJ1K

^
that dude had on his regular sports tires i believe. some guys posted some winterish knobby tires.... i think im gonna have to try it at some point

Absolutely love my Powerlet Heated Jacket and Gerbing T5 heated gloves.... I'm happy as a clam.

The only issue is my Glasses fogging up like crazy (even with the Foggy)

Time for contacts :/

Was reading another post where a guy recommended the pinlock visor, but said his glasses still fogged up.
I found this at the atv show yesterday >>>
I will try it out this week, and let you know if it works. Might look strange, but if it works, that's all that matters. I'm too old to worry about being cool.

don't do it...

[video=youtube_share;ZrsoQ07yHnU]http://youtu.be/ZrsoQ07yHnU?list=UUcCyNuQ7E7Z6_ZPf8gGnaDA[/video]

Some general riding ability also helps. Anyone who really wants to learn should get a dirt bike and try it out through the winter. With the proper equipment and gear it can actually be fun. Learning on the street like this guy in the video is definitely not the best way to go about it and will more then likely just get yourself hurt.

Very good, but that bike doesn't exactly look like it's covered in salt dust. Looks like you had one day with clear roads in March and you went for a ride because you were dying to get back on a bike, which I can't blame you for doing, but still. GoPro in the snow, let's have the vid.
I have a feeling most of these people ride downtown for short distances. Not half hour commute on highways

I rode one year though the winter. It was the shortest commute I had ever had.
It was a short 15 minute ride from Yonge and College to King and Parliament.
If the trucks had been out over night, the roads were clear, and no forecasted snow for the day, I would ride it.

What the heck is that...!? lol

Was reading another post where a guy recommended the pinlock visor, but said his glasses still fogged up.
I found this at the atv show yesterday >>>
I will try it out this week, and let you know if it works. Might look strange, but if it works, that's all that matters. I'm too old to worry about being cool.

How do people who ride in the winter deal with salt?
I'm on two wheels year round (on a bicycle). Last year I rode through the winter and my shocks seized and had to repack hubs on both wheels. Brake pads were rusted away. Chain completely wore down. I washed + lubed the bike after every ride.
I can't imagine performing any of that maintenance on the motorcycle after every ride. Especially since I can't just wash it down in cold water, take off the chain and clean + grease it easily. Maybe this winter I will take my motorcycle out on a few nice sunny winter days but I'm not sure what that will do to all the moving parts.

Rust proofing.

What the heck is that...!? lol

So it's a mouth guard that's connected to a dual tube that directs your warm breath down and out of your helmet thereby reducing the possibility of fog. Being the Neanderthal mouth breather that I am, I hope it to be effective.

So it's a mouth guard that's connected to a dual tube that directs your warm breath down and out of your helmet thereby reducing the possibility of fog. Being the Neanderthal mouth breather that I am, I hope it to be effective.

The picture looks like it is connected to a gimp mask. :)

Agreed, just the added peripheral vision is worth it over glasses.

Pffft, you guys. Just wear big 'ole grandpa glasses like I do. Easy-peasy.

1390611445806.jpg

See? Ready to ride - and dead sexy to boot.

You don't want salt on your bike. I want to get an enduro for winter use but hate the thought of having to hose it down after every ride.

You don't want salt on your bike. I want to get an enduro for winter use but hate the thought of having to hose it down after every ride.

I rode mine in the winter and only problem with rust I had came that way from the factory. Although I didn't ride when it was wet and slushy out.

I rode mine in the winter and only problem with rust I had came that way from the factory. Although I didn't ride when it was wet and slushy out.

Yeah, hitting slush and snow drifts with summer tires sucks. If you're going to ride a sport bike in winter, I recommend you mount a set of tkc80's.

you can get something like those on Yonge at Northbound leather. See mistress Diane.

I think it all depends on the rider and the bike. A chromed out harley with a tshirt rider's season is over on the september long weekend. A klr or gs rider with 100 000 miles and who hasn't washed his bike in 6 months doesn't care about the weather. Either way we are short changed because of the area and climate we live in.
that quote WILL make me take the 650 for a spin this week,thanks for the kick in the butt :D

Snowing a bit just now in Sauga.
Kid was chilly on the Wee last night in runners in the rain....hit the hot tub running.

Snowing a bit just now in Sauga.
Kid was chilly on the Wee last night in runners in the rain....hit the hot tub running.

Yeah, yesterday was a bit desolate on the way home from work. Too rainy for most trick-or-treaters. The vest made it alright though, should have plugged the gloves in. Wet leaves, manhole covers and almost-sleet kept it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom